We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When can i see snow in Kashmir???

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
275 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
When can i see snow in Kashmir???

Please advise when we can see snow in most part of Kashmir. My family is planning a trip to Srinagar in Dec 30. Will be staying there 5 days before departing to Dehli for shport trip. Is this good time to experience snow????

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,616 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When can i see snow in Kashmir???

Srinagar may get snowfall at that time, but Gulmarg will definitely have snow at that time.....

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: When can i see snow in Kashmir???

srinagar has already seen first snowfall of the season. When you move around all the destinations i.e. Gulmarg, sonamarg and pahalgam would hv snow. In fact if you are travelling by road; you would see snow at patanitop on the way from jammu to srinagar

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
275 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When can i see snow in Kashmir???

THank you alpha for you note. Just do not want to disappoint my family members as number of them have not experience snow before.

Srinagar, India
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: When can i see snow in Kashmir???

Hello,

Greetings /Blessings From Kashmir Paradise On Earth

I Have Own Royal Group Of House Boats "A Novelty To Stay In" Stay In Hue Boat Is Very Unique , Experienc, We Also Have Hotel In Gulmarg Royal Park And Also In Pahalgam, There Are Posibliities To Get Snow In Srinagr On Those Dates, Probably 24-25 Dec Snow Really And Surely Falls Rest It It Uo To Almighty, I Suggest You 02 Nights In Gulmarg And 03 Nights In Srinagar House Boats, In Gulmarg You Will Find Snow, In Sonmarg Also, But Hotels Remain Closed In Winters Due To Heavy Snow, Also It Is Possible To Enjoy Snow In Pahalgam, I Can Offer You Very Good Rates If You Want, As You Know I Am Owner Of House Boats And Hotels, I Assure To Make Your Tour Memorable One With Everlasting Memories For Years To Come,'U Can Call Me On 0091-9419015970 , Or Catch Me On Vicky.Karnai@Gmail.Com, Vickykarnai@Hotmail.Com

5. Re: When can i see snow in Kashmir???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 December 2009, 11:05
6. Re: When can i see snow in Kashmir???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 December 2009, 18:36
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
275 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When can i see snow in Kashmir???

Dear Vicky,

Thanks for info. Probably I shall contact you on my arival in Delhi. I need to make some arrangemnt in Kashmir.

By the way...what is temperature in Dehli and Kahmir end Dec.

Do i need to bring winter jacket for Dehli.

In Kashmir during winter in December ....do we get to see snow everywhere or just in certain part like Gulmarg . Course we enjoy snow .The more the merrier. Do you get snow in Srinagar itself

Srinagar, India
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: When can i see snow in Kashmir???

Hello,

Thank you for patronising me to provide you Hospitality for which kashir is renown, in Delhi Light Woolens are require at that time and in Kashmir you need to bring heavy woolens, and possibly i am sure in Srinagar at that time there are many chances to see snow, I can make all you arrangements including in delhi, hotels, i assure you to give you one of my best house boat that you will surely love o send your friends to me that is my promise, in Gulmarg , Sonmarg and Pahagam you can surely see Snow at that time also. can you give me your cell number/mobile number so that i can update you with latest informations about kashmir.

Umeå
Destination Expert
for Leh
Level Contributor
4,445 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: When can i see snow in Kashmir???

Don´t expect to see ( lasting ) snow down in Srinagar , at 1500 meters. Nights have just barely gone below the freezing point ( -2 today ) , and daytime will be up ten degrees higher. Even in Leh , two thousand meters higher, daytime temperatures don´t fall below zero until December. No snow survives in these conditions. Sonmarg , Gulmarg etc at three thousand meters are safer bets .

Nights and mornings on house boats will damp and cold , make sure there is a good heat source.

Delhi
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: When can i see snow in Kashmir???

In the beginning of JAN 2010 u might get chance to see snowfall

Places like gulmarg get covered by snow