We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Katra to VaishnoDevi Helicopter boooking

Mumbai, India
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Katra to VaishnoDevi Helicopter boooking

How 2 make Katra to VaishnoDevi Helicopter online booking??..v went on some gov website but they r showing dates r full..WE want booking on 24 march 2012..Is it possible 2 get booking on the spot??..We wan 6 tickets..Dr.Jain from MUMBAI, MAHARASHTRA

126 replies to this topic
Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,536 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Katra to VaishnoDevi Helicopter boooking

Did you try here:

https:/…holys_virtual.asp

Even if its showing the dates as full, IMO, for 24th March you should be able to get helicopter booking on the spot.

Else, you could try booking through a travel agent.

Edited: 05 March 2012, 16:30
Mumbai, India
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Katra to VaishnoDevi Helicopter boooking

Thank You very much for quick reply...i went 2 ur link earlier also but its showing booking full...Hope so getting on the spot ticket of helicopter will b possible..

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
105 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Katra to VaishnoDevi Helicopter boooking

HI DRJAIN,

Don't be very optimistic on getting the helicopter tickets on the spot. It depends on the rush and of course your luck.

The recommended way is to make the booking in advance and then plan accordingly. Also, please note that if the weather conditions are not favourable, the heloicopter service gets suspended (even though if have a booking), and your amount is refunded.

Hence, suggest you to plan accordingly.

JAI MATA DI...!!!

BR,

Perkmania

Thane, India
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Katra to VaishnoDevi Helicopter boooking

I am residing in Thane,Maharashtra and I want to plan to visit Mata Vaishno Devi in October 2012. What is the sights name from where I should get the Helicopter Booking on line.Pl help.

Shirish Kanagalekar

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
105 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Katra to VaishnoDevi Helicopter boooking

Hi Kshirish,

Please note the below points regarding the helicopter booking from Katra:

1) Pawan Hans & Global Vectra helicopter services from Katra, will drop you at Sanjhichat, and not Main Bhavan. You still have to cover the distance between Sanjhichat and Bhavan by other means (foot, ghoda, palki etc.)

2) The service is availaible every 10 minutes, staring from 7:40 am till 5:20 pm.

3) The fare is Rs 699 per passenger per side, i.e. Rs 1400 for up and down travel.

4) Don't be very optimistic on getting the helicopter tickets on the spot. It depends on the rush and of course your luck.

5) The recommended way is to make the booking in advance and then plan accordingly. Also, please note that if the weather conditions are not favourable, the heloicopter service gets suspended (even though if have a booking), and your amount is refunded.

6) The online booking can be made via "Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board" official website. You first need to create a Devotee ID and Password to access the same.

www.maavaishnodevi.org

7) More info on helicopter booking can be found at:

https:/…helecopter_detail.asp

Best Regards,

Bengaluru, India
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Katra to VaishnoDevi Helicopter boooking

Hi Friends,

Let me narrate my experience of online booking. It exactly opens for 30 days in advance. hence You need to try at mid night. Most of the time it is full within one hour

Best regards

Ravi

mumbai
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Katra to VaishnoDevi Helicopter boooking

Their website does not allow to log in to book any service. you have to go only through agents.

Mumbai, India
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Katra to VaishnoDevi Helicopter boooking

Do you know any agent who does helicopter booking in mumbai for vaishnodevi darshan

Kolkata
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Katra to VaishnoDevi Helicopter boooking

The name of the sight is www.maavaishnodevi.org

Kolkata
13 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Katra to VaishnoDevi Helicopter boooking

I know akash tours and travels of kolkata.

Reply to: Katra to VaishnoDevi Helicopter boooking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted