We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yatri niwas or tourist bungalow at KATRA?

mumbai
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
yatri niwas or tourist bungalow at KATRA?

can some one suggest which property is advisable to stay at katra in the JKTDC properties? I am planning to go this nov. end with my wife and parents?

Also, are the properties decent enough to stay???

thks

Navi Mumbai
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: yatri niwas or tourist bungalow at KATRA?

Hi Strikethis,

Did u get any reply to your post. Am also planning to go In Jan end. Are these properties tourist bungalow and yatri niwas decent enough to stay.

Pls reply.

mumbai
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: yatri niwas or tourist bungalow at KATRA?

I stayed with my wife and parents..booked 2 rooms via the website at tourist bungalow....there was 50% discount available that time...so got an AC room (which doubles up as a heater in the winter season) for Rs. 750 per room....the room at tourist bungalow are new..so extremely good....plus they face the hills on one end and the beautiful shalimar garden at one end (some hotels in vaishnav devi charge a high rate only because the hotels face the hills !!).

Yatri nivas I dint book coz the tourist bungalow sounded good....but ultimately found it was very very good.....be rest assured of the place...but do check the rates...just remember there is no electricity at the tourist bungalow between 7 & 10am !! but they do arrange for hot water if you ask them !

otherwise, yatri niwas also looked good....just that yatri niwas is in the main market very close to the bus stand and the tourist bungalow is on the way towards the place where you start the yatra.....

Yatri niwas seemed ok from outside......but better to choose the better rooms within that place....like the way I did for tourist bungalow.....(tourist bungalow standard rooms are quite simple compared to the newer AC rooms)....

I stayed for 3n at tourist bungalow !!

jai mata di !

Navi Mumbai
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: yatri niwas or tourist bungalow at KATRA?

Thanks for the valuable information. Will surely utilise the same.

Regards,

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,622 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: yatri niwas or tourist bungalow at KATRA?

For Katra stay you may try booking (online) a room in Niharika Complex run by the Shrine board. It's best place in it's price range.

5. Re: yatri niwas or tourist bungalow at KATRA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 January 2010, 00:35
Delhi
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: yatri niwas or tourist bungalow at KATRA?

Hi Strikethis,

As per you, which is a better option - the tourist bungalow or the yatri niwas?

I wud be goin in end of jan for the darshan.

Thanks in advance

mumbai
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: yatri niwas or tourist bungalow at KATRA?

I would prefer to stay in the tourist bungalow anytime...simply because of the new rooms....However, I am saying this only for the Ac rooms (converts to a heater in the winter season)......I enjoyed every bit of my stay in those rooms.....

mumbai
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: yatri niwas or tourist bungalow at KATRA?

also I got a 50% discount during my stay at tourist bungalow...(some scheme was on during that time...had booked online on jktdc.co.in)

Delhi
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: yatri niwas or tourist bungalow at KATRA?

Hi Strikethis,

Thanks for the reply. I am booking the tourist bunglow as per your advice. Just checkd on JKTDC.... AC double room is fr 750 per day.

Thanks for the advice

Gurgaon
Level Contributor
7 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: yatri niwas or tourist bungalow at KATRA?

Hi Himanshu,

Please share how was your experience in tourist Bungalow?

Further, help with below:-

Trust you are back from Vaishno Devi? What did you do? Did you take camera & mobile and kept it in cloak room?

Further, how much did the taxi cost you from Jammu to Katra?

Also any suggestion on good hotel?