We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I m planning to travel Manali & Shimla between 9 Jan-17Jan

Thane, India
2 posts
Save Topic
I m planning to travel Manali & Shimla between 9 Jan-17Jan

Please can some1 give me idea what would be temperature in manali and shimla.

I m travelling with wife and 1year old kid. So is this a advisable time to travel with kid.

Wht would be lowest temprature in my travel time. And what precautions should i take?

Whether there will be snowfall in manali and shimla?

can some1 help me with things to look around shimla & manali

Edited: 28 November 2015, 21:10
Rajkot, India
Level Contributor
372 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I m planning to travel Manali & Shimla between 9 Jan-17Jan

January will be peak season for snowfall in both towns. Evening temperature may fall down to subzero. You need to take care of kid with heavy woolens. You both also would need heavy woolens.

Thane, India
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I m planning to travel Manali & Shimla between 9 Jan-17Jan

But temperature gets to subzero levels in night only i guess or its remains subzero thru out the day.

Also on some website i can see the recorded temperature between 4-20 degrees for last 3 years. Are these website showing incorrect data? Please refer below site.

Also according to the website november end and the december is the coldest months

accuweather.com/en/…198332

3. Re: I m planning to travel Manali & Shimla between 9 Jan-17Jan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2016, 10:47