We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rajasthan in August - monsoon?

london
12 posts
Save Topic
Rajasthan in August - monsoon?

I've just booked by flight to Dehli at the end of July and intend to tour Rajasthan for the following three weeks. I am reading that it is monsoon in most of the country at that time but what will it be like specifically in that area? Will it be rainy the whole day or just a few hours and then sunshine? How hot will it be and what kind of clothes, footwear is recommended?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Rajasthan in August - monsoon?

Good question kangaroofer. I am also planning to tour Rajasthan for three weeks in August and had the same queries!

uk
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rajasthan in August - monsoon?

The Monsoon extends from July to September. During this time temp drops but humidity increases making it very un comfortable, Most of the rains are in this period.

However in the desert the nights can get pretty cool so have something with long sleeves for night just incase. otherwise T shirts would be the best

Footwear obviously depends on the type of stuff you are doing and place yu are visiting . sandals would be the best option

cheers

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rajasthan in August - monsoon?

hi

I am verymuch agree with ben uk 75. if you are in delhi and Agra region then there you will feel more humidity then Rajasthan becouse it`s more dry area so you can easily and comfortable travel

in Rajasthan . In Rajasthan state you will hardly face the rain 1 /2 hours Constantly .

India
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rajasthan in August - monsoon?

RAJASTHAN is fine...no heavy rains there in AUGUST.

I am sure you will enjoy your travel.

NLR
London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
383 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rajasthan in August - monsoon?

The monsoon is not predictable. It varies from year to year. In 1996 when I was last in Rajasthan in the monsoon season, things varied enormously. Shekawati was totally dry (and what a wonderful area!), Jaipur had torrential rain, Chittogarh was dry again, and then Udaipur was flooded. But wow, it was India - and there is always things to do even in floods.

So just take a chance; keep reading the press and watching the TV while you're there

6. Re: Rajasthan in August - monsoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 00:46