We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions to buy winter wear in Manali

Bangalore...
2 posts
Save Topic
suggestions to buy winter wear in Manali

Hi,

Heard that we get good winter wear for reasonable cost in Manali. Can anyone suggest places to buy these. I am from Bangalore and we only get branded winter wear at very high price hence exploring other options. BTW, we will be visiting Manali during Christmas. Any suggestions/comments will be very helpful.

Thanks,

Lakshmi

31 replies to this topic
Pune, India
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestions to buy winter wear in Manali

If you looking for genuine himachali woolen, try the following:

1. Bhuttico

2. Bodh Shawls

3. Rangri Shawls

4. Rimbochheh Kinnauri Trival Weavers C0-op Handloom N Handicraft Society Showroom near tibitian monestry manali.

Thanks

Manali, India
Level Contributor
64 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestions to buy winter wear in Manali

You will mainly find such stuff in Tibetan Market.

Bangalore...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: suggestions to buy winter wear in Manali

Thanks a lot.

What about stuff like jackets/coats? are these available in the local shops?

Thanks,

Lakshmi Prasanna

Manali, India
Level Contributor
64 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: suggestions to buy winter wear in Manali

Yes, One shop is near Jammu & Kashmir bank and other one is near Post office.

Barabanki, India
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: suggestions to buy winter wear in Manali

i am going for my honeymoon to manali on 18th November so please guide me what Should i carry in my manali trip and what type of dressing style i should carry over there in November..

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
4 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: suggestions to buy winter wear in Manali

November are colder months for Manali, so bring warm clothers, specially thermocots (sort of warn innerwears). Always remember that weather changes suddenly due to snowfall in higher reaches, so always carry jackets while travelling around Kullu even if weather looks sunny in morning, it can be cold and cloudy by evening. Sunblocks are must to avoid tanning. Dressing style, anything works as lots and lots of Honeymoon couple will be there as this is marriage season in India. Himachal is safer compared to other parts of India but be cautious with belongings and dressing specially in night time and secluded area as many outsiders are known to cause little trouble. feel free to contact tourist police as they are very helpful. Last but not least, bring camera. all the best.

Barabanki, India
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: suggestions to buy winter wear in Manali

thankyou So much ...

Chennai, India
Level Contributor
55 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: suggestions to buy winter wear in Manali

Jackets/Coats are very cheap in Manali. The leather quality is really good and price is lower than Delhi -

bargain and buy.. Last time I bought 4 coats for my friends.. But such coats alone wont be enough to handle manali climate during Dec..

Me too coming to Manali on Dec 25th with big crowd :-)

Himachal Pradesh...
Destination Expert
for Manali, Shimla
Level Contributor
1,049 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: suggestions to buy winter wear in Manali

Hi,

Currently Snow Fall is going on in Rohtang Pass and Tourist are really enjoying live snow fall. Bring Warm Cloths with you.

Thanks & Regards

Guru Manali

Bangalore
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: suggestions to buy winter wear in Manali

Hi...

We will reach shimla on 29 th and will stay there till 30 th.

31 st will start for manali in the morning and want to spend 31 st night @ manali..

What is present weather in shimla and manali? And what could be in the time when we reach?

What type of dress or shoe should we carry?

Thanks

Pampi

Reply to: suggestions to buy winter wear in Manali
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted