We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Details about HPTDC Volvo bus from Manali to Delhi

Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Details about HPTDC Volvo bus from Manali to Delhi

I want to travel HPTDC volvo bus to reach Delhi from Manali. But I doesn't know many thing . What is the starting point ? Where it will stop for evening tea, dinner and breakfast. What is the dropping point in Delhi ? How can I reach New Delhi Station from it delhi dropping point ?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,469 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Details about HPTDC Volvo bus from Manali to Delhi

HPTDC Volvo bus Route:Delhi - Ambala - Chandigarh - Bilaspur - Mandi - Kullu - Manali. The bus starts at18:30 from Chandralok Building, Janpath, N.Delhi. Link for online booking http://hp.gov.in/hptdc/Availability.aspx

Edited: 13 August 2012, 16:07
Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Details about HPTDC Volvo bus from Manali to Delhi

I am talking about bus from Manali to Delhi.

Tezpur, Assam, India
Level Contributor
34 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Details about HPTDC Volvo bus from Manali to Delhi

Please log on to <http://www.hptdc.nic.in> to get details about the HPTDC service yourself.

Manali, India
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Details about HPTDC Volvo bus from Manali to Delhi

1. HPTDC Volvo bus from Manali to Delhi starts at Manali Bus stand on the Mall Road. HPTDC office is next to Kunzum hotel, 200 meters from bus stand

2. For tea bus stops at a Himachal Tourism homestay on the banks of river Beas - three hours from Manali

3. For Dinner, bus stops at HPTDC motel - pretty ordinary place

4. At Delhi bus terminates at Chandralok Building Janpath. There will be at least twenty Taxi drivers who will pester you and offer you ride to station at inflated rates. What you could do is call up radio taxi when bus reaches near Delhi - that works economical

Manali, India
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Details about HPTDC Volvo bus from Manali to Delhi

Just to add to my earlier reply, HPTDC Volvo bus remains the best of all services (HRTC comes close second) - other operators are not upto the mark.

In case you do not want to contact Radio taxi, you can also tell the "bus conductor" of HPTDC that you need to reach Railway station, he will help you get a taxi at reasonable rate from stop near Mandi house where the bus parks for the day.

You can also go thru the review though it is for Delhi to Manali - it will give you a fair idea of what to expect in your journey

manalishimlaexpert.com/manali/delhi-manali-v…

Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Details about HPTDC Volvo bus from Manali to Delhi

Thanks Manaliguru

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Details about HPTDC Volvo bus from Manali to Delhi

According to HPTDC web site http://www.hptdc.nic.in/bus.htm the bus starts from Mandi House, Himachal Bhawan, not Chandralok building Janpath. Can you please clarify

rajkot
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Details about HPTDC Volvo bus from Manali to Delhi

hii i wann to know tht trip to manali from delhi me my wife n my babe 3 year old delhi to manali volvo i have to purches ticket for my babe ?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,469 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Details about HPTDC Volvo bus from Manali to Delhi

Aryan843

Manali-Delhi is almost 14 hrs journey with 2 breaks. Might be tiresome for the child. You may make it in two part, Manali - Chandigarh by volvo,stay a day in Chandigarh, and do Chandigarh - Delhi by train. That would be less tiring.

Edited: 11 March 2013, 13:26
rajkot
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Details about HPTDC Volvo bus from Manali to Delhi

sorry mr Ashish roy i wann to know tht in hptdc volvo frm Delhi to manali i book 2 tickets for me n my wife. i have babe 3 year old. so pls tell me 4 my babe i have to book tickets aur she journey free in my seat ?