We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manali trip plan

New Delhi, India
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Manali trip plan

I am reaching manali on 24th of may till 28th. Pl help me to plan the day wise activities in manali for 5 days.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manali trip plan

Dear Pankaj,

a) On 24th you can visit the Monastry along with Hadimba and Manu Temple and be on leisure during the evening at the Mall Road. If you like Chinese then do eat at Chopwtick for sure at mall road.

b) May 25th you can explore Rohtang Pass or the Solang valley. You will get to experience snow scooter, Zorbing, skiing, etc

c) If you like River Rafting, head towards Kullu on May 26th or if budget not an issue do take a heli trip of the hills

d) May 27th can be left for visiting Vashist or Naggar or visit to manikaran Gurudwara or even visit Jogini or Jana waterfalls.

Thanks

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,077 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manali trip plan

pankaj1234821

The following itinerary is being suggested :

Day1 : Arr. Manali, check-in hotel, rest.

Day2 : Manali – Hadimba Temple, Manu Temple, Vasisth Kund etc. Afternoon – Shopping.

Day3 : Day trip to Rohtang Pass [May end to November end] or Kothi, Rahala, Gulaba.

Day4 : Day trip to Kullu and Manikaran

Day5 : After breakfast – Solang Valley and Naggar. Afternoon proceed to Delhi by Volvo bus at 5.30 p.m.

AshisRoy

Edited: 17 May 2012, 13:53
New Delhi, India
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Manali trip plan

Can I cover solang valley and rohtang pass same day. pl advice.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,077 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manali trip plan

Solang and Rohtang can be covered in a day but it all depends on traffic condition of the day. Because, sometimes Rohtang takes even 4 hrs to reach from Manali due to traffic congestion.

Edited: 19 May 2012, 07:38
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manali trip plan

Thanks AsishRoy for your insights and response.

Given a pick between solang and/or Rohtang, would you recommend Rohtang over Solang? or both on diff days. I dont want to do both on the same day though.

We shall be coming from Mandi on 2nd July, and can possibly take MDR 29 from Kullu insted of 21, and do Naggar, Jana falls, Jagatsukh along the way. Would you recomment that? OR, would you advise to cover Manali on 2nd July. I dont think we will be much tired as we are breaking our journey in Mandi.

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,077 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manali trip plan

Kunwar N

I would recommend Rohtang Pass (with Rahala, Gulaba) in a day and Solang and Naggar in another day. Manali local sighseeing takes half a day, it can be done on the arrival day, if you reach Manali by 12 noon.

AshisRoy

Edited: 18 June 2012, 17:09
Lucknow, India
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Manali trip plan

why not friend , go rohtang as early as possible in morning, and solang valley has nothing except ropway(500/person).it will take hardly one hour,beauti of solang is in winter presently there is dust only. I ve visited Manali 2-7 june

Bengaluru, India
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Manali trip plan

I am visiting manali during 1st week of july 2012..Please suggest.. Is it raining now ?,,,Any weather forecast ?...

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,077 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Manali trip plan

It is being rained occasionally in Manali now. Monsoon will be at its peak by mid-July.

Edited: 18 June 2012, 22:35
10. Re: Manali trip plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 08:47