We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delhi/Chandigarh to Manali by Volvo bus

Mumbai
Level Contributor
13 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Delhi/Chandigarh to Manali by Volvo bus

Hi,

I am planning to visit Manali by end of March. I am travelling with two kids (6yrs and 2 yrs). Please guide me with the following:

1. I heard that there are sleeper Volvo buses from Delhi to Manali. Please let me know where I can book the tickets for this.

2. If it is available, can I board this bus from Chandigarh?

3. Are sleeper buses comfortable in hilly region like the road to Manali (especially for kids)?

4. What is the best hotel option (good food, amenities, view & balcony and close to the city are preferences) in 3-4 star category?

Regards,

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,049 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delhi/Chandigarh to Manali by Volvo bus

1. Volvo bus is available from Delhi to Manali. As far as I remember, thats not a sleeper coach. Tickets can be booked on http://www.sugamhimachal.org/hrtctickets

2. There are buses for Manali from Chandigarh.

4. Suggestive hotels in Manali : Aveda Hotel, Manali Heights, Heritage Village Resort, Apple Country Resort, Manu Aleya, Snow Valley Resort.

AshisRoy

Edited: 31 January 2012, 17:52
2. Re: Delhi/Chandigarh to Manali by Volvo bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2013, 15:48