We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manali in August

Bangalore
1 post
Save Topic
Manali in August

Hi,

I am planning to be in Manali during the 2nd week of August - from 13-16. WIll this time be in the midst of heavy monsoon during that time..? If this is not good, will September be good enough ?

Please advice so that I can plan my vacation.

Manali, India
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Manali in August

hi

it will surley be coming to the end part of monsoon in manali . if you dont like too many people to be around you.. its a good time to visit....

if you have time in sep. i would recommend that coz that when the monsoon are ending ... and the seasonal change is really beautiful in manali...

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,117 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manali in August

Manali can be done in August, rain wont affect the trip. As a matter of fact, hotels of Manali getting more booking for August than last year. Although, September will be more attractive, you'll get to see apples in orchards.

AshisRoy

Edited: 09 July 2011, 16:30
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manali in August

yes as suggested..... sept is definitely better than mid august.....

another reason to avoid mid august is no of landslides, which occur in himachal during this month. might cause inconvenience to certain extent...

Mumbai, India
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Manali in August

Is Rohtang Pass open during mid August.... also mid august, which is a better combination - Manali + Dharamshala or Manali + Shimla... i intend to take flight to Chandigarh... visit one of the above two and then proceed to Manali...

Manali, India
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Manali in August

I will not suggest August for a four day trip to Manali. There will be no fresh snow, no snow activities etc. Four days is too short to plan for a drive to Spiti etc. There are better places in lower reaches where you will get to stay at a beautiful apple orchard.

If you are planning to visit Himacal in August, try Raju’s Guest House on the banks of the Teerthan river in Gushaini village (+91 9418149808) It is in remote place but stay is comfortable, fabulous and enjoyable.

6. Re: Manali in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2013, 15:01