We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Himachal

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
First time to Himachal

Hey!

I'm travelling to Himachal Pradesh for the first time and I wanted to know what are the best places to visit?

After I did my research, there are a couple of places I came across such as:

-Manali

-Dharamshala

-Solang Valley

-Dalhousie

-Shimla

-Kasauli

Your help is much appreciated. Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Manali
Manali
Manali Tehsil, India
Solang Valley
Solang Valley
2,765 Reviews
Manali, India
Dalhousie
Dalhousie
Chamba District, India
Shimla
Shimla
Shimla District, India
Kasauli
Kasauli
Kasauli Tehsil, India
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
588 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Himachal

Anchay,

Two factors will allow to suggest better - what kind of trip you looking for (commercial, total relax, adventure etc).??

and secondly, what kind of people you traveling ( young, elder, family kids etc)??

If you have only 3-4 days, any station as mentioned by you will be fine,

If you can afford to be on road more with extra days, then try eastern Himachal - districts like Kinnaur, Spiti and going upto Lahul in North Himachal. the geography, views, roads, people are all different from what you'll get in the stations like commercial - Shimla, Manali etc in western Himahcla or rather central. These will give you more staying options with all kind of luxuries and facilities, restaurant bars etc.

Kasuali, Dalhousie + khajjiar , Manali will be good choices in case you opt for the commercial places. provide details for the above two questions for detailed suggestions.

Cheers.

Mentioned in this post
Kinnaur
Kinnaur
103 Reviews
Kinnaur District, India
Shimla
Shimla
Shimla District, India
Manali
Manali
Manali Tehsil, India
Dalhousie
Dalhousie
Chamba District, India
2. Re: First time to Himachal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2014, 21:32
3. Re: First time to Himachal

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2014, 21:27
4. Re: First time to Himachal

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 07 May 2015, 10:46