We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is baralacha pass possible in october

Itanagar
Level Contributor
11 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Is baralacha pass possible in october

I will be visiting himachal in october starting from manali to keylong on 16th

What will be the approx temp at keylong at that time.

Is it possible to reach

baralacha pass at that time.?

1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Is baralacha pass possible in october

It is quite possible by the time you start your journey on 16th Oct the Rohtang pass may get closed by the snowfall. This year we have very good rainfall and the winters will start early.

Last year when we were passing through Baralacha in the month of August, we have experienced a good snow fall on the way.

Temperature in Keylong would be between 0 - 5 degree centigrade in October.

Mentioned in this post
Rohtang Pass
Rohtang Pass
1,075 Reviews
Himachal Pradesh, India
Keylong
Keylong
Lahaul and Spiti District, India
Umeå
Destination Expert
for Leh
Level Contributor
5,891 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is baralacha pass possible in october

Predictions are not really possible . I have travelled on the Manali-Leh road a number of times from mid-September to late October , and I've also seen the road go out a number of times in the same period.

Bottom line : the road is open most days in October , but if you can't afford buffer days on your your trip - re-plan. Worst case scenario is a night or two at subzero , and you need to gear up for that : two more layers of clothes , a real woolen cap , sturdy shoes to start with. In this period I always bring the sleeping bag in to the jeep/bus to use as a communal blanket if needed , and make sure I have fuel for my stove.

…blogspot.se/2005/10/economic-theory.html

Mentioned in this post
The Manali Inn
The Manali Inn
855 Reviews
Manali, India
Leh
Leh
Leh District, India
3. Re: Is baralacha pass possible in october

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2014, 09:49