We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shimla,kullu manali in december end

Gurgaon, Haryana...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
shimla,kullu manali in december end

Hi,

we will be visiting shimla,kullu manali in december end.

we are 5 people and will reach shimla on 22 dec 2012 evening by Himalyan queen.

Please help me in preparing Itinerary for shimla kullu manali and nearby places which are fun and more of adventurous.Where can we do skiing ??

we will go back to delhi by train from Kalka at 23:45 PM on 26th December.

Also pls guide on what will be the best mode of travel to visit these places.

And can we visit rohtang pass at this time of the year.

It would be great if we could get suggestion for budget hotels in these places to stay

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
Level Contributor
33,814 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shimla,kullu manali in december end

You should take volvo from Manali to Delhi. In that option, You will get more time in Manali. Otherwise, most of the time will be consumed in logistics.

In present option, if you travel Shimla-Manali in day time, you'll get 1 day in Shimla and 2 days in Manali.

Edited: 28 August 2012, 06:46
Manali, India
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: shimla,kullu manali in december end

1. Instead of Himalayan Queen book Delhi - Kalka - Shivalik, you will reach shimla by 11 Am and Shivalik is the best of all regular toy trains

2. As Ashish says your itinerary looks hurried

3. Make advance reservation of hotels right now - I think hotels charge some extra for bookings between Dec 20 - Jan 3

Gurgaon, Haryana...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: shimla,kullu manali in december end

Hi Manali guru,

Actually there are no seats left for the delhi to kalka train that connects shivalik deluxe toy train.so I had booked kalka shatabdi from delhi to kalka.

Please tell more about the places that I can visit as i do not have too much time to spend there

Gurgaon, Haryana...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: shimla,kullu manali in december end

Hi Ashish

how much time does it take to travel from manali to shimla by road.

Also please suggest with a detailed itinerary that i can follow and also please mention the places that i can visit in this stipulated time

We are ready to travel in evening and night if it saves our time

Edited: 28 August 2012, 20:16
India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
Level Contributor
33,814 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shimla,kullu manali in december end

Pavansrivasta...

Shimla to Manali will take approx 8 hrs by car.

Suggestive itinerary -

22 : Arr Shimla, check-in hotel.

23 : Shimla – day trip to Kufri, Fagu, Naldehra, Chini. Evening – Strolling around the Ridge. Night bus to Manali.

24 : Arr. Manali, check-in hotel, locl s/s – Hadimba Temple, Manu Temple, Vasisth Kund etc. Afternoon – free at leisure.

25 : Day trip to Kothi, Rahala, Gulaba and Solang.

26 : Early morning depart for Kalka.

AshisRoy

Edited: 28 August 2012, 20:49
Gurgaon, Haryana...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: shimla,kullu manali in december end

Hi Ashish ,

Thank you very much for your help.

As suugested by you we wil now be taking a bus from manali to delhi in the evening on 26th so we do have that time till 4 PM on 26th.So Please suggest on what else can we visit.

We also want to do paragliding,skiing and ice skating please suggest some gud and budget places to do it and also pls mention the prices and how can we accomodate it in our itenirary.

And one more ques we want to visit rohtang pass also will it be possible for us to do so.

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
33,814 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: shimla,kullu manali in december end

Well, in that case, Naggar can be included on 26th, it will take half a day.

AshisRoy

Edited: 29 August 2012, 06:38
Vishakhapatnam...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: shimla,kullu manali in december end

i am a relative of mr.pavan srivastav....can you please tell me what is the age limit for paragliding...and if we don't visit the temple that you have suggested can we visit rohtang pass....please reply ASAP

Gurgaon, Haryana...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: shimla,kullu manali in december end

Hi Ashish

1.Please tell if we can go near by Rohtang pass at that time of the year.

2. If we skip the temples please tell some more places where we can visit instead of the temples

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
33,814 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: shimla,kullu manali in december end

Rohtang will be closed in December. You may see Gulaba/Snow point instead.

Naggar can be visited in a half day tour.

Edited: 30 August 2012, 20:27