We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crowne plaza vs double tree

calgary
Level Contributor
30 posts
55 reviews
17 helpful votes
Crowne plaza vs double tree
Save

Kindly suggest which hotel is better in terms of locations, things near by etc...thank you. I have status at Hilton...but it appears there is nothing near by?

5 replies to this topic
Muzaffarpur...
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India, Gangtok, Varanasi, Amritsar
Level Contributor
27,139 posts
574 reviews
453 helpful votes
1. Re: Crowne plaza vs double tree
Save

//things near by etc//

Exactly what?

Among these 2 my 1st preference would be Crown plaza, walking to sector 29,place with many restaurants-bar-Pub.MG road having lots of malls and shopping option is also not too far.

The positive thing for DTbH is it's proximity to rapid metro..

calgary
Level Contributor
30 posts
55 reviews
17 helpful votes
2. Re: Crowne plaza vs double tree
Save

Thank you, is HUDA metro quite close to the crowne plaza? I see on google maps it looks close, but India close can also mean a long travel time. For late night eats, maybe sector 29 is more convenient? Is it safe to walk from the CP? The only thing drawing me to the double tree is I’m status, but location is also quite important. My uncle lives in Princeton estates near genpact...so will be taking uber regardless....which breakfast buffet is better? Thank you for taking the time to respond...much appreciated

Muzaffarpur...
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India, Gangtok, Varanasi, Amritsar
Level Contributor
27,139 posts
574 reviews
453 helpful votes
3. Re: Crowne plaza vs double tree
Save

Walk many times between Huda and Sec29,it's around 25-30 min walk to CP from Huda,not a good idea to walk late on this stretch,not many pedestrian you will find. walking between CP and Sec 29 is ok,it's hardly 10 min walk and remains busy.

Princeton is relatively close to DTbH but also not too far from CP,Uber/Ola have good service.If not specific about exploring places around hotel after evening,DTbH is not bad too,and in the end Uber/Ola is there to travel Sec 29 or Cyber hub or any other place at evening for dinner/drink.

There is another Hilton Garden inn.

Muzaffarpur...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,139 posts
574 reviews
453 helpful votes
4. Re: Crowne plaza vs double tree
Save

And by any chance you are for street food,sec 55 Huda market is just 5 min walk from DTbH and its one off the biggest street food center having many hawker selling different type of street food.

5. Re: Crowne plaza vs double tree

This post has been removed at the author's request.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Reply to: Crowne plaza vs double tree
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gurugram (Gurgaon)
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.