We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Delhi airport departure

Homosassa, Florida
Level Contributor
34 posts
21 reviews
9 helpful votes
New Delhi airport departure
Save

I am a senior female who will be traveling solo to India but meeting up with a small group for touring. I have read horror stories of the departures at the New Delhi airport - bags stolen during security checks , very long waits at immigration and security, woman having to leave carryons on the belt while being scanned in a booth and bags stolen!!! I am worried because I will not have anyone with me to help. Have also read that the workers are rude and not at all helpful. If you have recently traveled there can you give me some advice??? I will be traveling on Lufthansa at 3:30 in the am. Thanks

2 replies to this topic
Muzaffarpur...
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India, Gangtok, Varanasi, Amritsar
Level Contributor
27,143 posts
574 reviews
453 helpful votes
1. Re: New Delhi airport departure
Save

I travelled frequently through Delhi airport and never heard about stealing from bag during scan,there may be one 2 isolated case but not something which make me think travelling through Delhi.All scan area are monitored by CCTV.

During baggage scanning if you put items as per instructions in tray,I don't think there is going to be any problem.

In India everything runs with at its own pace,you may feel immigration slow but still Delhi airport immigration is better than some other Indian airports.

Queue at immigration depends upon flight departure at that time but Delhi have good number of kiosk and mostly I saw not so long queue at kiosk for foreigners.

//Rude worker and not at all helpful//

Certainly not if it's about Airport support/help staff.

Edited: 2 years ago
Muzaffarpur...
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India, Gangtok, Varanasi, Amritsar
Level Contributor
27,143 posts
574 reviews
453 helpful votes
2. Re: New Delhi airport departure
Save

Do arrive early ,3 to 2nd half hour before departure for hassle free check-in and boarding.

Reply to: New Delhi airport departure
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gurugram (Gurgaon)
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.