We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alila Diwa all inclusive - worth it?

Nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
225 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Alila Diwa all inclusive - worth it?

Wanting to go to Goa for my 50th birthday in November next year.

Alila Diwa is one of the two hotel options we're looking at but can't decide whether the all inclusive is worth it or not. We're not great fans of all inc and it sounds as if we could eat and drink very well outside the hotel

Any comments/hints/tips appreciated!

Thanks.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alila Diwa all inclusive - worth it?

Hi Alli, I nothing about this hotel but the overwhelming majority of people who visit Goa would not go AI as the choice of food at the shacks and restaurants is amazing and for most people this is what makes Goa special. Of course if there was not much difference in price between B & B and AI wthen its worth it.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alila Diwa all inclusive - worth it?

Hi Alli,

We love the Alila Diwa - fantastic hotel and great choice but in all honesty I wouldn't go AI. We didn't eat in the hotel at all in the evenings. There are a couple of restaurants directly opposite the hotel and another one (Martins Corner) about 5 minutes walk. Majorda village is about a 15 minute walk where you will find several more restaurants and beach shacks.

It's also not too far to Colva or Cavelossim in a taxi for further options and a good night out.

There are also a couple of shops (read roadside shacks) that sell nibbles, ciggies, alcohol etc a couple of minutes walk from the hotel.

We fly out 3 weeks today and are staying at the Alila again and I wouldn't be surprised if there are now further eating options close to the hotel, I know there was an additonal one going up as we left last year.

Sarah

x

Nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
225 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alila Diwa all inclusive - worth it?

Thanks for the comments.

Sarah, good to know that it's got some facilities nearby.

Think I'll be making a booking tomorrow.

Alli

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alila Diwa all inclusive - worth it?

Alli,

I'm sure you'll have a great time and a fantastic birthday!

Forgot to mention, the breakfast is superb, such a huge choice of food, we often didn't feel like lunch.

Sarah

x

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alila Diwa all inclusive - worth it?

hi to be honest cant think of anything worse than AI in goa a major part of the holiday is the resterants and bars

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
33 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alila Diwa all inclusive - worth it?

Hi, we have just returned from the Alila Diwa. It is a lovely hotel and we would thoroughly recommend it. We went B and B. The breakfast choice is very good, ranging from Indian, pastries, pancakes, omelettes/eggs cooked to order plus other hot cooked breakfast items (hash browns, sausages, tomatoes etc), porridge, cereals, fruit. In the evening we ate out. FishKa, opposite the hotel was very good, as is Martin's corner, 5 mins walk away. Greenlands is another nearby restuarant we would recommend - by the beach about 8 mins walk (take a torch, the street lamps are out as you get near to the beach). The food in the hotel is good but very pricey compared to eating outside, roughly double, as are the bar prices (eg lime soda or beer - 39 rupees outside, or less, compared to 80 rupees PLUS tax at the hotel). OK for the odd treat and you do need a drink or two whilst lounging by thepool!! For what we could have spent on an AI package, we got all our food, drink and sightseeing trips whilst in Goa. The B&B at the Alila offers the best of both worlds.

7. Re: Alila Diwa all inclusive - worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2012, 15:55