We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Highland Beach Hotel-Questions

tyne and wear
Level Contributor
571 posts
278 reviews
Save Topic
Highland Beach Hotel-Questions

Going to Highland beach in a couple of weeks and would appreciate some help with the following-

* Reviews mention bringing your own padlock for the safe.Are the attachments on the safe large enough for any size of padlock to fit or is a specific size padlock needed

* Do the fridges in the rooms have an ice compartment?

* If I bring a hairdryer is it likely to work? I've taken travel hairdryers to some countries and they have blown as soon as I've tried to use them. From what I hear of the humidity wondered if it was worth bringing one at all

* Are there plenty of pool towels or should I bring one from home?

* If I go to the beach is it safe to leave belongings while we go in the sea or should one of us stay with the bags?

Sorry to ask such a lot but I've trawled through the reviews and these are the things I couldn't find

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Highland Beach Hotel-Questions

I can answer some of your questions :-

Bring a hair-dryer by all means. Buy an adaptor here (available everywhere) and you'll be fine.

NEVER leave belongings unattended on the beach.

A medium-sizes padlock should be fine.

Wolf

tyne and wear
Level Contributor
571 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Highland Beach Hotel-Questions

Thanks for your reply. Counting down the days now

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,802 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Highland Beach Hotel-Questions

I think they may supply pool towels but not 100% sure. If not, you can buy some from Sue's shop near the security hut. They should cost around 150 Rs each.

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Highland Beach Hotel-Questions

I bought a hair dyer in Goa it's got there plug on it but at the time I was being stingy and bought the cheapest a low voltage but it does the job this year decided to bring my own because had a new lightweight one when I was using it kept getting funny smell and realised the plug was getting so hot it melted into the adaptor so if you can get away with letting your hair dry naturally ( I can't ) do that or do what I did and buy one over there we go twice a year so for me it is an asset :)

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Highland Beach Hotel-Questions

The Highland beach is one of North Goas nicer hotels with a couple of really nice pools.

Enjoy.

tyne and wear
Level Contributor
571 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Highland Beach Hotel-Questions

Thanks for your replies. How much would a local hairdryer cost me?

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Highland Beach Hotel-Questions

Not much!

Wolf

Wakefield
Level Contributor
220 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Highland Beach Hotel-Questions

* Reviews mention bringing your own padlock, You can get one from sue at the corner shop that fits when you get there that way you will no it fits

* Do the fridges in the rooms have an ice compartment? Yes they do

* If I bring a hairdryer is it likely to work? Yes it should

* Are there plenty of pool towels or should I bring one from home? There are some pool towels but you can get one from sue when you get the lock there cheep as chips

* If I go to the beach is it safe to leave belongings while we go in the sea or should one of us stay with the bags? Do not leave your bags at all and be careful late at night with your bag walking down the lane back to the hotel

Jersey UK
Level Contributor
2,600 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Highland Beach Hotel-Questions

HI

You can get a padlodk in Sue's shop,

The hair dryer will work, but you might be wasting your time.... it will so hot you will want to sit in the fridge....enjoy

Mims

Edited: 26 March 2012, 18:18
Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Highland Beach Hotel-Questions

hairdryer about £12 to £15 I think i paid but yes by the time you have dried your hair will be soaked again with humidity I still need one though cause I would look like i been pulled through a bush otherwise

Get answers to your questions about Candolim