We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

candolim restaurants to reccomend.

newcastle
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
candolim restaurants to reccomend.

hello everybody,

i was just wondering if any of you lucky people are in candolim right now and have any views or opinions, reccomendations of anywhere you have ate recently,

i know its early season, but they may be something new,

any help appreciated,

enjoy the hols, not long for mine now!!

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: candolim restaurants to reccomend.

Hi beachman

As you say it is a bit early for rec's as a lot of places are only just getting ready to open but Chilly and ourselves had an excellent meal at the Horizon Grill on the corner of whispering palms road and we have been to Stone House half a dozen times for the music and had very good food ever time but most of the month we have just used local places

Edited: 09 November 2011, 10:12
Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
421 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: candolim restaurants to reccomend.

All of them , but coyote just of the beach road it really really nice

Edited: 09 November 2011, 20:46
newcastle
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: candolim restaurants to reccomend.

well its a start , a few reccomendations, keep them coming please,

ive always liked the stonehouse, music pretty good.

seghill...
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: candolim restaurants to reccomend.

there is a lovely place to eat opposite the whispering palms connected to the sunset beach hotel .our group used it in feb this year and the food was spot .cant wait until feb 2012 to visit again

seghill...
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: candolim restaurants to reccomend.

thought of another 1 that we used last feb it is called rising waves it is on the main road towards calangute .it is actually owned by the same people as my last recommendation .when do you go beach man ?

seghill...
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: candolim restaurants to reccomend.

top nosh not far from ruffles across the road and up side street

Heckmondwike, West...
Level Contributor
1,339 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: candolim restaurants to reccomend.

Papeyx9

think you mean the Bistro within the grounds of the Sunset Beach, another good one is the Mermaid next door to the Sunset.

newcastle
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: candolim restaurants to reccomend.

22nd cant wait.. sunshine, great food, atmospher, friendliness, the smell, the chaos, and a few beers,,,,

Fallen on Hard Times
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: candolim restaurants to reccomend.

Floyd's Hut, NOT a hut but a good resaurant opposite Magnum Hotel, NOT the one on the same side of the road as Magnum.

Lobsters (Indian Ocean Crayfish (pink fish to me, but the wife loves them)), red snapper, pomfret, crabs - on one occasion last year he actually had shark. Nothing's too much trouble for Elvino the chef and owner - one of life's good guys!

We like Stone House too for the occasional "One-Off".

One night last year Elvino had an indian band (nice and quiet) , no Sitar but other instruments. I just hope he has the same this December, with a sitar perhaps?

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: candolim restaurants to reccomend.

The English Chef and his polish wife moved form the Bistro within the grounds of the Sunset Beach some time ago

Every new season Chefs change restaurants or some don't come back also restaurants move or change hands, that is why it is better if you recommend a place after you have eaten there this season

Get answers to your questions about Candolim