We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa info please!!!!!

Port Talbot, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Visa info please!!!!!

Hi Folks,

Sorry I know this subject is usually overdone but, can anyone tell me please if you can still go to the consulate in Birningham to get the visas'? The web page is very confusing and if I am reading it right all applications are now outsourced to agencies. Three hyears ago I applied to the London Consulate by post and had a super service.

The change of photo size is a nightmare also!!!

Do they want us to go to Goa I ask myself!!!

Going in Janary and cant wait. Just need to sort out the visas.

Any information greatfully welcomed.

Thanks

Pat

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa info please!!!!!

Hi Pat. VFS Global took over the outsourcing of visa applications at the start of the 2009/2010 season I think it was.

You can still go to an application centre but you won't be able to get your visas on the same day. I believe you have to go back 2-3 days later for collection. If you want to submit and collect in person from Birmingham, the times and other information is below:

India Visa Application Centre

20 - 21 Pemberton Street

Birmingham B18 6NY

Submission of Application: 0830 - 1430 Hrs

Passport pickup: 1300 - 1630 Hrs Monday-Friday

No Parking Facility on Site.

Important Notice:

Please note that there is an authorised clamping in operation for any unregulated parking. Applicants are requested NOT to park on either sides of the road to avoid heavy fines and penalties. VF Services UK Ltd. will not accept any liability for any penalties imposed by the clamping company in respect of unauthorised parking on the road.

There is a centre in Cardiff now but you can only submit the applications here, not collect them. They have to be returned to you by post from Cardiff.

Information here:

C/o. The India Centre,

Sanquhar Street,

Splott,

Cardiff, CF24 2AA.

Working hours: 0900 - 1430 Hrs Monday-Friday

Passport Collection:

Please note that the processed passports for any submissions in Cardiff will only be returned to the applicants by secured post. You can buy a DX secure mail delivery envelope from VFS by paying an additional charge of £7.40 per envelope or provide a pre-paid envelope. No collections will be available at the center location. The processing time for applications submitted at this center is a minimum of 5 working days.

Alternatively, just post to Hayes, Middlesex. This is the centralised application centre for all postal applications (complete online first, print, sign, date and send with all the usual documents) to:

1-3, Canalside,

Uxbridge Road

Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 0JN

Hope this makes sense and is of some help.

UK
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa info please!!!!!

I got my photo's done at the Photo-express near the VFS in Manchester £7-8 saved the rest for sim-card etc when I get to Goa..and for spares! I believe Max Spelliberg do them as well. Make sure they are exactly like discribed on web-site or they will refuse them....Good Luck, I may see you over there as I'm out in Jan/Feb

Port Talbot, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa info please!!!!!

Thank you Meercat20 for you very undersandable info. We have friends living in Tammworth who are travelling with us so were'nt to sure wethere to go that way (in person at the sonsulate) or by post. We will be living near Cardiff by the time we will need the visas so, either option may be best. Again thank you

Wishes

Pat

Port Talbot, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa info please!!!!!

Hi Dippsy blonde,

We will be staying in Ruffles on the Candolim road from the 14th Jan to 12 Feb. We may well see you then

Wishes

Pat

stoke staffordshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa info please!!!!!

Hi funtashop,

I think meerkat has covered your question except to mention that if you go in person to submit your visa be prepared TO WAIT!!,i submitted my visa on monday this week in person at birmingham,i got there at 10.40a.m and came out at 14.05pm,it was very straight forward to do, but please ensure that the address on the heading at the top of the application form correspondes with the office you are applying at,e.g if you are applying in birmingham the application form should be headed birmingham(as opposed to aldwych or swansea etc) or else they wont accept it,you can download an other form when you get there but its hassel.I paid £7.20 to have my passport and visa sent to my home address by recorded delivery,its worth paying so you wont have to return and queue to pick it up,its only taken 3 days to get mine back.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
229 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa info please!!!!!

hi Funtashop, we are going in jan. and we did our visas with visa geni, you just fill in a questionair, they then send you back a compleated form that you down load ,print off , sign, and send back to them with your passports and photos, they will even resise your photos for you if there not right,they then send back your passports with visas inside. you pay a litte extra for this service but its worth it, no hassle at all

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,611 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa info please!!!!!

I think that Funtashop might very well have their visas now as the original post was dated 10th September.

stoke staffordshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa info please!!!!!

thanks for pointing that out bindoobaba,i only just noticed the date but there are so many people asking visa questions my reply maybe useful to somebody else,by the way can you tell me if i can book a taj trip when i actually arrive in Goa with joinustravelindia.com,im not sure which dates i want to go yet so i would prefer to do it once i get there.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,544 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa info please!!!!!

There are lots of travel agencies that will be able to organise your Taj trip once you are there.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,611 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa info please!!!!!

Crazydiamond9, as KatieP says, there's a choice of Travel Agents in the main resorts in Goa (obviously it depends where you're staying).

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations