We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping list- bugs and bellys

scotland
Level Contributor
329 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
shopping list- bugs and bellys

Now that my visas are here I've done a shopping list of things I need

anti-bacterial hand gel

rehydration powders

immodium

buscopan?

malarone

insect repellant

antihistimines

hydrocortisone cream

anything else needed do you think?

essex
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shopping list- bugs and bellys

sun tan lotion. You can get most of the items on your list once you are in Goa and for a fraction of the price. The only thing that I won't compromise on is my sun tan lotion. I have also found that things like shower gel and shampoo are roughly the same price in Goa as they are here (especially for brand names), so you might be better off using your luggage space for that sort of thing and buying the other bits there. The best insect repellant I have found is called Odomos and is best bought locally in Goa. Lx

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shopping list- bugs and bellys

I agree virago, Odomos is great and works for me. The Jungle spray with 50% deet that I used to buy here did nothing and left me looking like I had chicken pox with the mozzy bites everywhere! Lol Another good one available in Goa is Good Knight.

scotland
Level Contributor
329 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shopping list- bugs and bellys

Virago what am I like of course sun tan lotion !!

Is the odomos a spray? I was thinking of trying to get a cream as with sprays I find it easy to miss bits whereas a cream might be better?

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shopping list- bugs and bellys

They do it in cream and a spray monkeyhols.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,611 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shopping list- bugs and bellys

I've always found Good Knight worked well for me as well as the Good Knight room plug-in. If the Immodium doesn't work then ask at any chemist in Goa for 'the yellow bombers' they'll know exactly what you mean and they work great for upset stomach's.

Another thing to do which will save you on weight and space is buy your beach towels in Goa rather than taking them with you. You can get them at any street stall for around 100-200rupees (depending on how good your haggling skills are), then at the end of your holiday for what they cost just throw them away (they won't be much good for bringing home).

scotland
Level Contributor
329 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shopping list- bugs and bellys

Forgot to ask does the odomos have a smell I hate the smells of the deet sprays and like you Stalex end up bitten anyway!!

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: shopping list- bugs and bellys

Its nowhere near as strong as the deet sprays.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,611 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: shopping list- bugs and bellys

Odomos only has a slight smell, not very strong at all.

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: shopping list- bugs and bellys

I hate the smell of the Deet sprays.....but they work for me and I'm reluctant to change away from something that works.

Best stick with the devil you know than the devil you don't!

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: shopping list- bugs and bellys

The Odomos doesn’t smell too bad at all Monkey and the cream less so than the spray I think.

Definitely leave your room mozzie ‘plug ins’ until you get to Goa, a fraction of the price and a better fit in their plugs.

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations