We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Help Please.

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Help Please.

Hi all,

Can anyone help me with the location of the Goveia Holiday Homes,We recieved a letter from Thomas Cook today telling us that they cancelled our original booking with the Magnum due to some contractual difficulties with the hotel.They have now provisionally booked us in the Govia,so any info about it and its location would be appreciated.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Help Please.

Beachend, have a look at the hotel reviews on this website, they'll give you a good idea.

Bishop Auckland...
Level Contributor
518 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Help Please.

Have a look at the hotels web site. goveia-holidayhomes it look quite nice. It says the location is a five min. ride away from the centre of candolim. We stayed in the Magnum last year, it was ok but this other one looks better.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Help Please.

Hi beachend. I don't know if the following may help you:

http://www.goveiaholidayhomes.com/loc.htm

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,874 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Help Please.

I don't think the Goveia is as centrally located as the Magnum.

I seem to recollect that it's on the way out of Candolim towards Calangute up a lane that's quite dark at night.

If you do a search on here (as well as look at the reviews) you might get more information.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Help Please.

Try this map to to try to get your bearings:

wikimapia.org/…20Homes

Just click on the link on the right and it's marked by a cross.

Edited: 09 November 2010, 00:56
Heckmondwike, West...
Level Contributor
1,339 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Help Please.

We looked at it earlier this year but thought it was a bit too far out of town for us, it's past the football ground going towards Calangute, when you get to Cafe Coffee Day it's opposite down a very quiet unlit lane, I think you'd be ok walking during the day but would need to taxi into town and back on a night, or have a very good torch, the place itself looks very nice though.

DebyC

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Help Please.

Thanks for all the replies,we tend to agree with DebyC, we would need a taxi at night and for 3 weeks that would cut into the spends,there doesn't seem to be any restaurants or much of anything close by. Looks like its back to Thomas Cook tomorrow.Thanks again.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
878 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Help Please.

Beachend could you ask to be put in the SUNSET BEACH hotel opposite whispering palms its nice in there ive been myself and its one of thomas cooks hotels...nice location too,

aldershot u.k
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Help Please.

Hi I've been on the Thomas Cook website to see which hotels they use. There are two hotels which are close to the Magnum. One is the Phoenix park Inn and the other is The Alegria De Goa which is now called the Goan Village in the Thomas Cook Brochure. The Alegria is closer to the beach and practically on the main road and the Phoenix is in a very quiet location. I stayed at the Alegria on our first trip but at that time the Matresses were a bit on the thin side and I ended up with a bad back. We now stay at the Phoenix and have had no problem.

Sorry there is a third but I did not count this as I haen't heard a good word said about it. Someone may come back and correct me. The Dona Alcina is across the road from the Alegria.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,573 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Help Please.

The Dona Alcina is in a good location but as far as I have heard that is all it's got going for it.

The Goveia is down a lane the other side of the road from Cafe Coffee Day. We had a look when they were being built and it's not as short a walk from the main road as they would have you believe. Not too many restaurants down that end either.

I would go for one of the other suggestions.

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations