We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elephant Trips

EASTBOURNE, EAST...
1 post
Save Topic
Elephant Trips

We are going to Goa next April and staying at the Aldeia Santa Rita in Candolim. I read somewhere about a trip that you can do to visit an elephant sanctuary, stay overnight and bathe the elephants. Has anybody got any info about this trip? Would love to do this but would rather book with a local company rather than the travel company

Thanks in advance

Wendy - Eastbourne

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elephant Trips

Hi Wendy the trip is called Jungle Book overnight stay and I believe its fabulous and you can book locally as opposed to using the tour operators. If you have a look at www.goafootprints.com it's on there.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elephant Trips

Hi Wendy ,

There is some information on this thread regarding the overnight elephant trip

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g306995-i9760-k3…

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,278 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elephant Trips

Its fantastic Geoff-Wendy, an absolute must do in Goa! You stay in a mud hut, basic but clean and with a bathroom, ride and wash the elephants, the wash is in a lovely clean fast flowing river with the mahouts, there is interaction with the elephants again in the evening, we had a tug of war with one of them and singing around a campfire plus a visit to an old temple for yoga, bullock cart ride and visit to a village. its about £80 each I believe with the tour reps. I would highly recommend it, its worth every penny.

Bo,ness Scotland
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Elephant Trips

Hi Wendy,

Yeah this trip is a must. We did this trip 3 years ago for £80 with Thomas Cook. Now we just get a taxi and do a half day trip. You still get to ride, feed and bathe the elephants and also get your shower from them. That costs about £10-£15 each including a few tips.Dont forget your camera

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
482 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Elephant Trips

hi Geoff -Wendy

we did a trip to see the elephants last year. We stayed in a mud hut and rode the elephants. We sat round camp fires at night. The mud hut was a mud hut! and a russian couple were so devestated by the camp that they spent most of the evening trying to get a taxi to take them home!! Mind you she was wearing stilleto's and a halter neck.....in the JUNGLE!!! blah ! i couldnt make my mind up what was more fun.....watching the elephants (which were lovely!!!) or the blonde russian stilleto heeled woman and her body builder boyfriend....shouting at each other when they couldnt get a signal on their moble phone.... haha! some people have absolutely no idea!

SO ..... if you want to wear your stilletos, dont go on the trip, but if you want a beautiful walk in the jungle at 4.00am in the morning and see monkeys and different birds and animals ....take your walking boots!!! haha!

Manchester
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Elephant Trips

Paulbt - how do you arrange the half day tour? And how much from Candolim? Many thanks

7. Re: Elephant Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Candolim