We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help-visa

warwickshire
Level Contributor
93 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
help-visa

hi all any info here that anyone can give me would be great, i'm going to goa in november and was told that you can get the visa in one day if you go to the nearest embassy which would be birmgham to me is this still the case, i'm quite worried at this point as i'm working and living in germany at the minute and had booked flights which are over my days off with work as i cannot afford to take anymore leave, i've since heard that you can no longer do this, is this true and what exactly is the process, if you apply online do you still need to go to one of the embassy's

Thanks

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,794 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help-visa

You can't get a visa in one day any more. The HCI has farmed its visa applications out to VFS Global - which is here http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/

You can apply by post here - but you'll still have to either fill in the form online or print it off and fill it in by hand.

India Visa Application Centre

1-3, Canalside,

Uxbridge Road

Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 0JN

Meerkat will probably be along shortly and she can answer any questions you might have!

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: help-visa

I just took a quick look at the visa form, it asks for 2 referees both in UK and India, who do they have to be?

warwickshire
Level Contributor
93 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help-visa

thanks for that, still all a bit confussing though, still not sure if you need to at any point go in person to the embassy

Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help-visa

No you don't have to go in person,as Londongirl said you can post your application off to Hayes.But this will mean being without your passport for 5/10 days.As you work in Germany this may be a problem ,so it may be easier to apply in Germany,although you will probably be only issued with a 3 month visa.

John

warwickshire
Level Contributor
93 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help-visa

thanks bogmalo i'm a uk based contrator working for the forces on bfpo so the address should still be classed as a uk address, would you know if it makes it differnce in getting the visa in germany but flying from uk??

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,599 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: help-visa

Hi jma_fulton

I'm wondering if you may be best off applying for your visa from Germany and giving your German residential address.

It seems that for Indian visas from Germany, it's a different company that does the outsourcing of visas. I had a look and found the following:

http://www.cgifrankfurt.de/

On the left of the screen, you'll see a link to application forms and the fee schedule.

Hope this is of some help to you.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,599 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: help-visa

Hi jayel71

You do not need a referee in India but it is still best as a safeguard to put your hotel details as the first referee and put NA (not N/A) as the second.

For UK referees, it can be anyone, a relation or friend but you must enter all their details.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,605 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: help-visa

Jayel71, the referees in the UK can be anybody you like, friends or family. For the referees in India you can put your hotel for one of them and just NA on the other.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,605 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: help-visa

Beat me to it Meerkat.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,599 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: help-visa

Lol Bindoobaba - it's simples really ;-)

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations