We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping

MCB
Liverpool
4 posts
Save Topic
Shopping

As I'm travelling with three female can anybody advise as to what the shopping is like in Candolim and surrounding area.

What are the best buys?

Is there any limit as to what you can bring back?

London
Level Contributor
131 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping

The shopping is brilliant. The clothes are very good value, bring some ideas along and they will make up whatever you want. Make sure you haggle try for 1/2 the price, do deals all the time.

The silver jewellery off the stalls is also very good. Go into Calungate and there are tents to the right handside where the Tibetans are located. I got three beautiful necklaces for about 900 rupees each. What the quality pick it up and look for chips etc.

Also handbags, got a Christian Dior fake for 900 ruppes (��550 authentic).

The little shoes they are selling for ��45 in London you can get for 300 rupees again in the centre of Calungate.

Good luck

Essex
Level Contributor
304 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping

The Leather Touch next to the Magnum hotel in Candolim is excellent for anything leather. I had a beautiful 3/4 length "Guicci" coat made for ��70. Also good for jewellry are the silver shops near the Fisherman's Cove restaurant (opposite Alexandras) - the main road that leads down to the beach in Candolim.

Hari Om is another very popular shop - half way between Candolim and Calungute. They make diamond rings to order and also have lots of souvenirs, furniture etc.

I am not aware of any limits (except for your luggage allowance of course).

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations