We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant reviews

Barry, United...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
124 reviews
Restaurant reviews

Please be sure of all your facts before destroying a restaurant and giving a bad review. A recent reviewer has given the Curry House a bad review because they are unaware that the dates on all food and drink in Goa, and probably all India,are the date of packaging not the use by date. So please be careful it's not fair giving a restaurant a bad review because you don't know your facts .

Lowestoft, United...
Destination Expert
for Varkala, India
Level Contributor
10,939 posts
128 reviews
1. Re: Restaurant reviews

The Food Safety and Standard Authority do have guideline about best before and use by dates. I kept this information from a while back as someone was asking about alcoholic drinks and the dates. I have put a link to the advice below.

Note from advice >>> The ‘best before date does not have to be written on wines and liquors or alcoholic beverages that contain 10% or more of volume of alcohol content.<<< Wonder if that applies to beer?

foodsafetyhelpline.com/2014/…

Edited: 24 November 2016, 19:50
Barry, United...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
124 reviews
2. Re: Restaurant reviews

The whole point is someone trashed a restaraunt the because they mistakenly thought the Packed by date was use by

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
3,748 posts
83 reviews
3. Re: Restaurant reviews

They made an understandable mistake on the sell by date on the bottle of beer. But they then said they had been served "gone off" food and drink, despite earlier saying the food was lovely, and having no evidence to say it was "off". So a really bad review one star based on a mistake, but also a foolish assumption.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6,477 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: Restaurant reviews

Can the review not be removed...???

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,855 posts
111 reviews
5. Re: Restaurant reviews

Think at least the restaurant is allowed a reply to the review Glyn.

Barry, United...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
124 reviews
6. Re: Restaurant reviews

I've tried to PM her to ask her to remove but can't on my iPad have no access to PC whilst away can anyone's else PM her and explain to her what she has done as it is a completely unjustified bad review

Candolim, India
Level Contributor
15 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: Restaurant reviews

one of the best piaces to eat

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6,477 posts
107 reviews
8. Re: Restaurant reviews

I have seen reviews get removed on the Turkey forum. The reviewer needs to contact TA moderators......

Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Restaurant reviews

love this place to eat hope they take review down now they must know they made a mistake

Barry, United...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
124 reviews
10. Re: Restaurant reviews

Find it disturbing that the poster hasn't removed and honestly thought admin would have by now

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations