We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

arpora,goa

united kingdom
4 posts
arpora,goa

does anybody know a reasonable hotel in or around arpora, hoping to go back in april.

Wales
Level Contributor
230 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: arpora,goa

Hi, Try the Maizons Star (Maizons Lake View) in Arpora - Its a basic 2* but very reasonable - We went last year on a package hol but have booked Direct this year and got it for £10 per Room per Night. They have a website with an email if you want to contact them - Ask for John.

Also Marinha Dourada, Its a better hotel (3*) but much more expensive - They too have a website.

North East
12 posts
2. Re: arpora,goa

Hi there, I was in Arpora in April and stayed at the Lagoa Azul, i would highly recommend this hotel, its a 3* B&B, very clean, lovely location, nice swimming pools and great breakfast. Rooms are basic but good air con and ours overlooked the pool and Baga River.

Also there is a taxi rank right outside, i will definitely be returning to this property.

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,837 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: arpora,goa

Before you reply take a good look, this is an old post dug up from from 2007

This hotel has had some very had posts in the past on other sites

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,837 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: arpora,goa

Before you reply take a good look, this is an old post dug up from from 2007

This hotel has had some very BAD posts in the past on other sites

Edited for typo!

North East
12 posts
5. Re: arpora,goa

I find that hard to believe about the Lagoa Azul, however if it did have a bad review in 2007 we are now in 2009 so it has had 2 years to bring itself up to the high standard it is at now.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,839 posts
1 review
6. Re: arpora,goa

Our friends said the Lagoa was excellent in 2006, we went there in 07 and apparently the service had gone downhill from the previous year but we returned there in 08 and the service was very poor. I have read the hotel is improving though so I hope they have got their act together!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,839 posts
1 review
7. Re: arpora,goa

And just realised that the original post was from January 2007! Doh!!!

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
81 reviews
8. Re: arpora,goa

Marinha Dourada in Arpora is very good. Was there last year. Sorry can't remember the prices but you could check their web site.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
38 reviews
9. Re: arpora,goa

I really liked the Abalone Hotel, If u contact them direct the price they will give you is much better than over internet. mind and say your a *repeat* guest for more discount!!

10. Re: arpora,goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2010, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations