We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Intercontinental resort,South Goa

Lytham
1 post
Save Topic
Intercontinental resort,South Goa

Returned from this hotel in early December 2006 after almost 2 weeks there.It was magnificent and I really couldn't fault it (and I think I'm fussy).The staff were exceptional and the facilities were very ,very good.Our room was large with 2 seating areas and a balcony.Cuisine was excellent.

If you want to wander outside you can go to the very quiet beach at Patnem.This has numerous 'shacks' with low prices and it's 5 mins. walk along the beach from the front of the resort..

About 20 mins. walk along the beach or 5 mins (100 rupees) in a taxi is Palolem.Picturesque, bigger and much busier,but still laid back and unbelievably cheap (i.e. inexpensive. . not tacky).

Mentioned in this post
Patnem
Patnem
Canacona, India
Palolem
Palolem
Canacona, India
The Park Baga River Goa
The Park Baga River Goa
#1 of 23 hotels in Arpora
Coco Shambhala
Coco Shambhala
#1 of 129 hotels in Bardez
Sterling Goa Varca
Sterling Goa Varca
#1 of 10 hotels in Varca
louisiana
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Intercontinental resort,South Goa

Dear Wolfhound14

We are staying at the same hotel in early March. Five of us are going and we are all guys. Is this the wrong place to stay or should we be in the North near Baga t another hotel.

Thanks

Neal

Mentioned in this post
Baga
Baga
North Goa District, India
louisiana
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Intercontinental resort,South Goa

Dear Wolfhound14

We are staying at the same hotel in early March. Five of us are going and we are all guys. Is this the wrong place to stay or should we be in the North near Baga t another hotel.

Thanks

Neal

Mentioned in this post
Baga
Baga
North Goa District, India
The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
25,578 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Intercontinental resort,South Goa

Louisianna (have I spelt that wrong) I would say that to see the sights of Goa the Intercontinental is very isolated it is close to Palolem but apart from that you are a 45 minutes drive before you start to get anywhere else, so my suggestion is if you want to see a bit of Goa (and there's loads to explore) I would stay else where.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Palolem
Palolem
Canacona, India
4. Re: Intercontinental resort,South Goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 14:54
Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations