We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TAXI from Mumbai to south Goa

derby uk
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
TAXI from Mumbai to south Goa

hi i land at mumbai airport at 12.30 in the morning. if i book a good service taxi how long will it take to get to Benalium(south Goa ) bearing in mind it will be travelling through the night. i dont particulary want to stay in mumbai airport as the nearest internal flight is at 6am, then an hour to travel, which means it will be 7.5 hrs trip,so i may try and get a taxi down and rest through the night if it is going to take 8ish hours. what are your thoughts...am i mad....if not can anyone recommend a good taxi service...it all sounds so easy on paper!!!!

thanks

lee

Goa, India
Level Contributor
698 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: TAXI from Mumbai to south Goa

Lee... do remember that you flight might be 30 mins to 1 hour late, then there's a good hour or so sorting out your baggage, then you need to be there 1 hour before your flight down so the waiting time might not be that much... There are flights from about 6 am so it might be worth a try...

Thanks

Rob

London
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: TAXI from Mumbai to south Goa

I did the Mumbai trip with Eddies (www.daytrippergoa.com) back before the Konkan Express started & we drove there in a minibus - That took about 10 hours - may even have been longer it was a while ago !, and after seeing the carnage on the way there & back resolved not to risk it again - I'd always plump for either the flight or the train - I fancied the train last year when we flew BA, but couldn't book it. My reccomendation would be wait for the connecting flight and don't risk a taxi.

surrey
Level Contributor
309 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: TAXI from Mumbai to south Goa

Rakkor

We are now booked on BA travelling in November, what are they like legroon food entertainment etc

Thanks

London
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: TAXI from Mumbai to south Goa

I can't say - I'm 6'6" so had booked World traveller plus which on arrival at Heathrow turned out to be an upgrade to Club :) - wish it had been on the way back though the 8 hour wait at Mumbai on the return leg was pretty bad - World Traveller plus was plenty roomy for me, my experience of BA to Faro & Prague would suggest that they're probably as roomy as Monarch Premium

London
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: TAXI from Mumbai to south Goa

BA Economy would be the equivilent of Monarch Premium (I missed the economy off) We're flying Monarch this year (24th Nov) - with the upgrade & I'm not looking forward to it at all - Althought it is better than Excel Air was !!!!!

6. Re: TAXI from Mumbai to south Goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 15:02
Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations