We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone done both North and South?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,835 posts
1 review
Anyone done both North and South?

Have just changed our booking from South Goa to North - just fancied trying something different after going South this year. Were going to Cavelossim and now going to Arpora (close enough to Baga/Calangute). Just wondered if anyone who has done both could comment on their favourite - although I expect them to be totally different anyway. Also, any information on Lagoa Azul? Have checked as many reviews as I could find. Any replies would be great, thanks.

Barry, United...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
124 reviews
1. Re: Anyone done both North and South?

North has always been my favourite but it gets so busy now we will be going South next. I'm sure you will love it North it is almost a different country! Last year we stayed in Candolim (where we usually stay) and did a couple of day trips North and South and enjoy both for very different reasons. South is definately more restful and peaceful.

Enjoy

Lyn x

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Anyone done both North and South?

I have been south and north,i go mainly north,i am not far from you this year where you are going is fairly quite,but if you want it buisier you have not far to go.The beaches will be more crowded .South i find the air fresher and not as dusty ,but south or north they both have there charms.I have not been to that hotel but reports look very good,there is a good restaurant not far from you called allspice,yumy.

walsall
Level Contributor
174 posts
3. Re: Anyone done both North and South?

Hi.

I had 6 weeks in Arpora this year, 4 weeks at the Renton manor and 2 weeks at the lagoa azul, the Lagoa is a lovely hotel, good staff, clean, good food and plenty of entertainment!!!, the hotel is well out of the way, being at a dead end it is a walk or a taxi ride to anywere, there is a bus to Baga beach from the hotel(free). A 10 minute walk down the lane will bring you to the Renton and the Abalone there is also Honeys(nice food,nice people) and around the corner is all spice, more expensive but very nice.

I have also been south 7 times and although I am going to Candolim for a month in November I much prefer the south, I'm going north again because from what I have read, Baga cannot be as bad as I thought, my first impression is Baga is a dreadful place, crowded, dirty and noisey, if my second impression in November is the same its back down south next year.

Have a nice holiday Danny

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,835 posts
1 review
4. Re: Anyone done both North and South?

Thanks for replies everyone. Much appreciated!

5. Re: Anyone done both North and South?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 13:48
Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations