We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiger Excursions

England
Level Contributor
88 posts
81 reviews
Tiger Excursions

Hi

Has anyone done the 'Eye of the Tiger' excursion in Goa, It's described as a 3 day/2 night trip to go to see the tigers and lions in the wild on the Karnataka border, together with a visit to see elephants too. I think it may also be know as the 'Tiger & Tusker trail' trip. Thanks!

gateshead
Level Contributor
95 posts
1. Re: Tiger Excursions

hi there most ov the reps who do trips in goa do trips like that just rember that you might not see them even if you go on the trip there is a 50 50 chance. becarefull its not cheap xx

Bangalore
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Tiger Excursions

Tigers are not easy to spot in and around Goa, because the tiger sanctuary in Karnataka is near Mysore-at least 500 kms away. Elephants and deer will be far easier to spot.

Having visited at least 4-5 wild life sanctuaries in the past few years, I can assert with some confidence that tigers are notoriously shy creatures and I understand Bandhavgarh in Madhya Pradesh or Corbett National Park in Uttaranchal may be better bets for spotting them.

TTBOMK the sanctuary in Karnataka nearest to Goa is Dandeli, which is near Belgaum. By the way, there are no lions in that area -the only sanctuary in India where you can see the Asiatic lion is Gir in Gujarat, abouy 750+ kms from Goa.

What is the cost of this excursion?

England
Level Contributor
88 posts
81 reviews
3. Re: Tiger Excursions

Thanks for that Gio and Brad. Replying to your question Gio, i have seen the excursion advertised as 'Tiger and Tusker Trail' - involves a 4 hour journey on the Konkan Railway, and then staying at Udupi in Karnataka for 2 nights, and spotting Tigers, Sambars and deer in the jungle reserve of Tyavarekoppa Reserve (where they say tigers roam freely!), also a visit to the elephant training camp in Gajnaur.

what do you think? Here is the link - www.independentvillas.co.uk/goa/goa.htm

Scroll down to excursions.

Regards Bob

Bangalore
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Tiger Excursions

I am a bit sceptical about the tigers aprt of it-but not the tuskers part. The area that they talk about is not tiger country. You should be abel to see other mammals, though, as I described in my earlier post.

George

5. Re: Tiger Excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 12:47
Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations