We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cavelossim

uk
3 posts
Save Topic
Cavelossim

We are staying at the DS resort at the end of November. Can anyone recommend any trips as its our first visit to Goa?? Was thinking of the overnight stay in a mud hut and seeing the elephants???

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Private Full-Day All-Inclusive Tour...
10 Reviews
from US$ 60.00*
Temples of Goa, led by Archaeologist
from US$ 150.00*
Free Cancellation
The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
25,616 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cavelossim

For an overnight stay it might be worth staying at a beach hut on stilts on a paradise beach. (for full review see thread on huts on beach will find and bump up) there is so much to see and do I am not sure the jungle trip gives you value for time. Could recommend going to Mapusa market on a Friday morning which is a fantastic authentic Indian market then head to a spice plantation (which has Elephant rides/washes) for a relaxing lunch and tour and you can tie in Hindu temples (10 mins from plantation) and Old Goa all in one day.

Mentioned in this post
Mapusa
Mapusa
North Goa District, India
Old Goa
Old Goa
1,207 Reviews
Goa Velha, India
Goa, India
Level Contributor
698 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cavelossim

There's lots to do, I think Margao is the more traditional market town, many less tourists and I think a slightly different feel, although if you come to Mapsua you're not too far away from us (Children Walking Tall), so you could always pop in here... Other things are the Waterfalls, On those really hot days you can take a dip in the very cool waters at the bottom of the waterfall - lovely and refreshing, ALTHOUGH you can be bound to leaving when the people sharing your van leave, so it's best to go in a slightly bigger group withthe same idea of how long they want to stay. (The last 10kms or so is in a 'special' jeep as it's over rough terrain, although I've done it in a small bus before (don't ask... it was a long and very tiring journey). Maybe that's why the water was so refreshing at the other end. :o)

If you can ride a motorbike then it's a nice way to explore, you can hre them for 100 - 150 Rs a day (you'll need an international licence from the AA or RAC (for the British out there), and of course I love Palolim beach fr a night or two... just chill out in a beach hut listening to the sea...

Mentioned in this post
Margao
Margao
South Goa District, India
England
Level Contributor
335 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cavelossim

Hi ,

Just outside the gates to the D.S. there is a taxi rank establish yourself with a taxi driver and he will take you anywhere you want at a cost of about £15.00 per day, and they are far better guides than any tour operators, at a fraction of the cost, they are also very helpful and honest.

You will have many a great day out .

Regards David.

P.S. Ask for one called LEVI we used him in April and he was great.

East Sussex
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cavelossim

Hi - we stayed at the D.S. on our first trip to Goa in April and it was fantastic. We only done two trips this time - Dudshagar waterfalls and spice plantation/elephant ride. The waterfalls were absolutely fantastic; breathtaking scenery and the refreshing swim at the bottom after the walk up was wonderful to say the least. We went in a jeep with our next-door neighbours from home who were staying in the North whilst we were South. They'd done the trip before so managed to make the trip last as long as possible even stopping off in a little bar type place on the way up for some cashew feni. (Extremely potent stuff)! You get to feed the monkeys on the walk to the falls too which was great. Spice plantation was ok, quite interesting but not a trip to repeat and the elephant ride was good - didn't do the washing. Next year we'll do Jake the Snake's crocodile trip which we didn't get round to this year but apparently is really good.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
25,616 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cavelossim

The spice plantation is probably best as part of a day trip as its a nice relaxing lunch 350 rupees for a lovely eat all you want buffet. Margao is a great market town and only 20/30 mins from Cavelossim. If you go early morning I can recommend tato's for breakfast (cost 10/20 rupees) then wander round the market etc. and for lunch Banjara is excellant (must check i have spelt that right) is a lovely air-conditioned restaurant

Mentioned in this post
Margao
Margao
Cavelossim
Cavelossim
6. Re: Cavelossim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 17:49
Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations