We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ave Maria Guesthouse, Candolim

UK
3 posts
Ave Maria Guesthouse, Candolim

Hi, I'm returning to Goa after an absence of 5 years and we've booked in at the Ave Maria, anyone got any info on it? We stayed in Candolim last time and had a good holiday. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks, Rick.

England, Birmingham
Level Contributor
2 posts
33 reviews
1. Re: Ave Maria Guesthouse, Candolim

We stayed at the Ave Maria last year, we had a great time and were made very welcome, but it is very basic, however it is also very clean.Just don't expect to many Home comforts.RegardsStewart

kjp
UK
3 posts
2. Re: Ave Maria Guesthouse, Candolim

I stayed at the Ave Maria a few years ago. We stayed in the no.2 guest house, with the swimming pool.

kjp
UK
3 posts
3. Re: Ave Maria Guesthouse, Candolim

Whoops! Posted reply before completing!

It's basic, but clean accommodation. Very helpful and friendly. If Cajie and his brother are still running the Blue Fin restaurant opposite, I can highly recommend it - very good food etc.

We're returning in December, but staying at the Prazeres, still in Candolim.

Just remember the golden rule with Goa - pack your patience and sense of humour, and you'll have a wonderful time!

UK
3 posts
4. Re: Ave Maria Guesthouse, Candolim

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. I'm not bothered about it being basic 'cause I'm only going to sleep there, as long as it's clean. As for patience, I've got a lot for Goa and its people but bugger all for Monarch, just had our flight times changed again. Rick.

Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations