We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with a bath tub...

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,109 posts
74 reviews
Hotel with a bath tub...

I am going again to Goa and really would like a hotel that has a tub not just a shower...silly thing i know but ...can any one help anything south of Bogmallo..

price or star rating no problem

Thank you

Barry, United...
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
122 reviews
1. Re: Hotel with a bath tub...

The Fort Aguada heritage has bath tubs but it isnt as far South as you want and it is quite expensive but a beautiful resort with little cottages ( where I know the baths are)The only problem with it is you could be anywhere in the world unless you leave the resort,

paris
Level Contributor
401 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Hotel with a bath tub...

My experience with tubs is that even when there was one there was not enough hot water to fill it.

It is also recommended to save water in India so this probably explains that.

Barry, United...
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
122 reviews
3. Re: Hotel with a bath tub...

a photographer in Paris.... a bath tub is a wonderful luxury on Goa .. because of the red dust you feet become ingrained and it only takes a couple of inches of water to soak them and get them clean!unlike in a shower

munich germany
Level Contributor
207 posts
1 review
4. Re: Hotel with a bath tub...

The Radisson White Sands Hotel on Varca Beach has bathtubs in all rooms.

London
11 posts
5. Re: Hotel with a bath tub...

Leela Palace of course. 5 star luxury where a bath is not viewed as a luxury but a standard fixture. see you there at the end of April

England
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Hotel with a bath tub...

Surprisingly, even though Goa gets a lot of water during the monsoon, there is an ongoing problem with water supply in Goa. When the Leela Palace opened, the water supply was badly affected in the nearby village as the water table dried up. Our close friends in Goa are often without water for days at a time, and water is tankered in to nearby hotels.Please remember this as you soak in luxury at those four and five star palaces.

London
11 posts
7. Re: Hotel with a bath tub...

As you say GoaGirl, water is tankered in to the 5* hotels - to make it possible for guests to fill and enjoy a bath without affecting the local community. So I dont see any reason why guests should feel guilty about this facility.

Barry, United...
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
122 reviews
8. Re: Hotel with a bath tub...

Goagirl, everyone who goes to Goa more than once makes friends with the Goan families and help them as much as they can. However you are touching on a sore subject the reason for the water shortages are down to luxurious 5 star and some 4 star resorts with water features, swimming pools and

Barry, United...
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
122 reviews
9. Re: Hotel with a bath tub...

sorry didnt finish and more importantly wasting water to keep their gardens looking lush, surely people who pay for these resorts should be able to expect or even demand the hotels supply water to the villages affected by their selfish use. I do not think that the water it takes for a tourist to bathe is a huge problem but all the rest is.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
26,830 posts
396 reviews
10. Re: Hotel with a bath tub...

Haatti Mahal and Holiday Inn both have baths.

Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations