We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!

aberdeenshire,scotla...
2 posts
Save Topic
Help!

Arriving in Goa next Thursday, can anyone recommend trips, and the cost, for a family(including two children 13 and 15 years old) of four? Particularily interested in elephants, crocidiles, watersports and football? Staying near Anjuna. PLEASE HELP!!!

Goa
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help!

Trips....

Palolim, It's just nice to go, a lovely crescent shaped beach which does have strong waves, it has lots of sea life like crabs and fish. Also might see the odd dolphin (from the shore). It has lovely restuarants to eat at and you can not miss a night in a cocohut (shack half way up a tree). Maybe 1 to 3 night staying here, a shack can cost as little as 100 or 150 a night, they have better ones for 300 to 500 and then just plain expensive ones from 500 - 3000!

Elephants and Spices, Get a taxi driver to take you to the spices and the elephants, I haven't been myself but they say you wash the elephants and stay overnight, do it with a Taxi driver as the hotels/tour companies are bound to charge you more!

Watersports... There's lots on Calangute beach although no that appealing to me...

Football.. Take a football and you'll instantly have 20 - 30 Goan friends wanting to play - same for cricket!

Waterfall... It's nice (again do it with a taxi), takes you into the jungle - the last 12km needs to be done in a jeep (at extra cost) but when you get there you get to swim in gorgeous cold water (as it's hot you appreciate it!), also likely to see monkeys.. Although we have monkeys in our back garden at 'The Mango House'.

There is also a skate park and a go kart track...

Costs... It's cheap, if you have a nationwide card then bring that as you can draw cash out without charging commision. For example at 'The Big Banana' on Baga/Calangute beach you can have a Steakburger and chips (proper steak!) for 80Rs/- (About a pound!) and it's gorgeous! Other places you can have a rice plate for 25 Rs/- - Although some of the more touristy restuarants charge a lot more, try lots of places to get best value and best meals, another favourite of mine is All Spice in Apora, Great Food and Great Prices...

cardiff
Level Contributor
47 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help!

book then yourselves by using local taxi drivers - we had a fabulous guy Lawrence - you can ring him on 2278933 or 9822154797. he's very straight - not a rip off merchant and will sort it all out for you.

if you use his say simon and claire says hi

Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations