We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Speak As you Find

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
234 reviews
Save Topic
Speak As you Find

Was thinking of going to Goa this year as a Birthday treat. Came onto this forum to find out general info. "The Russians" thread and number of responses caught my eye, whilst thinking OH NO - not in Goa. I am also a seasoned traveller as are many of my friends and we would have to agree with the majority of people on this topic. They are loud, rude, arrogant and intimidating. I have witnessed in one case quite severe violence 2 years ago where 3 Russian men attacked one of the entertainments team because they had been refused more Vodka. As for Brits, we are no angels where the booze is concerned but I have never seen families with 40 something men behave so badly. I would avoid a resort that has Russians in like the plague.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
26,531 posts
379 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Speak As you Find

Don't let the Russian thread put you off Goa is a magical wonderful place. It really has everything gorgeous beaches. wildlife, mad Indian markets, historical sites fantastic food and truly woderful and hospitable people.Check out other threads to find out about different areas within Goa i.e. North or South.

sheffield UK
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Speak As you Find

True, there`s plenty of room in most hotels so shouldn`t cause a problem.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,875 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Speak As you Find

Hi, is this influx of Russians new? Any in Dona Sylvia,I hope not. Didn't see any 2 years ago.

England
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Speak As you Find

Yes, it bothered me too. We're thinking of going to Goa for the first time and have experienced the Russian influx in our visits to Sharm el Sheikh in Egypt - not pleasant!

Bristol
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Speak As you Find

It is important not to stereotype people or a nation. There are people from every nation who behave badly. Sadly I have travelled widely and the feedback I have heard from some of the most vulnerable has been on the British. The Russians are only beginning to understand global travel, and we have to think of their role models,in Russia and abroad.

Aldershot
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Speak As you Find

Stayed at Ramada Caravela, Varca beach last feb. Quite a few russions there but in fairness all very well behaved and they kept themselves to themselves...seemed to be something about short-haired, tattoed english gents that they didn't want to get involved with! On the the whole couldn't think of a bad word to say about them(or the short haired, tattoed engglish gents come to that).

south wales uk
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Speak As you Find

you could try the haati mahal in cavellosim area they seem to have a ban on russians staying there, but all said I stayed in the holiday inn (same area) in jan and altho' they were at the hotel no problem at all with them. North of goa is noiser and busier than the south perhaps this has something to do with it

Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations