We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon April 2006

Hull
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon April 2006

We are spending our honeymoon in Goa next April staying at the Holiday Inn Mobor Beach.

Is there a good choice of excursions and is it better value to book locally that through our rep?

I have seen people mention getting made to measure suits quite cheap can anyone reccommend a shop to visit.

Any other info would also be appreciated.

I'm 28 and my fiancee is 26.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Mobor Beach
Mobor Beach
164 Reviews
Salcette, India
Watford England
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon April 2006

Davman,

Wait til you get there and book locally after you have asked around. the reps make a packet out of you for something you can arrange with a taxi driver and its often a lot more comfortable.

On the suit front it is much the same as anything in Goa. you will get it much cheaper and the quality is excellent but go to the right place. I have not visited mobor yet but someone will recommend one on this sight.

Congratulations and have a good time.

Steve

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon April 2006

Hi there. I can recommend a tailor whose shop is called Liza Silk Collection in the village of Varca, a short taxi ride from Mobor. Hubby had a kashmir wool suit made a couple of years ago for £125. A friend of ours also used them to have his wedding suit made this year, also kashmir wool. He absolutely loves it. Jewellers in the area are also fantastic. Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Varca
Varca
South Goa District, India
Mobor Beach
Mobor Beach
164 Reviews
Salcette, India
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon April 2006

Hi we stayed there for our honeymoon in 1995 had a fantastic time. Tailor wise I would stay away from Kashmiri shops but go to margao and find a clothe shop and tailor locals use. Also my wife got some replica tops of her own clothes made in silk. Trips wise don't use the reps. trips but get a taxi for the day as it is cheaper and more flexable. The only official trips we did were The Crocodile cruise and the waterfalls (hard to do in a taxi) We are staying 10 mins from The Holiday Inn for 4 weeks Nov/Dec so I can give more updated tips then but any questions just ask callumna@aol.com p.s. we loved our honeymoon so much we went to The Holiday Inn 6 months later

Level Contributor
1,150 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon April 2006

In case I forget at night just past the Leela you can get a boat over to The River Sal Hotel. An old guy leads you down a track to the rivers edge by torchlight and then you cross. The restaurant is by the river and they even show you the catch of the day if you want seafood or you can eat off the menu (its cheap) It is a really nice romantic night out.

Mentioned in this post
The Leela Goa
The Leela Goa
2,502 Reviews
Cavelossim, India
The River Palace
The River Palace
70 Reviews
Siolim, India
Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations