We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goa with a five year old daughter - are we mad?

London
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Goa with a five year old daughter - are we mad?

We have enjoyed the Caribbean and long to sample new culture. My husband and I have always wanted to visit India ... but are frankly too chicken to do so with our young daughter ... So, is Goa a reasonably sensible alternative or are we asking for trouble? We plan to stay at a 'good quality resort' such as Taj Exotica or The Leela. Will this make a difference to our odds of picking up some nasty tummy bug (usual precautions applied ...)? If we go, will we be the only ones with kids there from Europe?

Your experiences with young children will help us enormously .... thanks

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa...
3,419 Reviews
Benaulim, India
The Leela Goa
The Leela Goa
2,481 Reviews
Cavelossim, India
Ourem 88
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, European, British
Spice Traders
₹₹₹₹, Chinese, Japanese, Seafood
Oltremarino Italian Restaurant
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Barry, United...
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goa with a five year old daughter - are we mad?

Hi - no I dont think you are mad very brave but not mad. Children put their hands in their mouths all the time that would be my only worry. and I'm sure you will make sure she is well protected from the sun. The Goans love children, in fact many of them are like big kids. I know that more Brits are taking young kiddies with them but the Italians and French have been doing this for years so no major worries. Just use your common sense particularly with the water- no drinking of it and careful when she is cleaning her teeth etc etc

Wing
Level Contributor
183 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Goa with a five year old daughter - are we mad?

Hi

Although we do not have young children we have met lots of non Indians with very small children and babies.

We have always avoided the big hotels to eat because several people we know have picked up bugs in them! So take care.

Goa is a great place for children and safe if you take the usual precautions..Drinking water, sun protection,safe swimming ... the usual things you would do when abroad.

The Goans are fascinated by the children and are very friendly.

Have a great time .

Coco

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Goa with a five year old daughter - are we mad?

I don't know we have been pre-kids but are taking our 7 year old daughter in Nov/Dec so I will let you know on our return

Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations