We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewelers in Bogmalo

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
132 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Jewelers in Bogmalo

When we stayed further South a few years ago, found a truly wonderful jewelers. Are there any in or near the bogmalo beach resort??

Cheshire, England
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Jewelers in Bogmalo

We are going to the south in November, can you remember the name of the jewellers

Wing
Level Contributor
183 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jewelers in Bogmalo

use Shameem Jewellers in South Goa near Joecon's garden restaurant. They have another shop in Bogmalo next door to the post office.

Coco

England
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Jewelers in Bogmalo

Hi Coco

Im also going to the south & want good jewelers, do you buy of the peg or can you get something made or even just buy th diamonds?

Jo

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jewelers in Bogmalo

A fantastic Jeweller is Jaan at Jewel Collection, opposite Dona Sylvia Hotel (Luisa by the Sea shops). Have bought from him every year for the past four years and have never been disappointed. He can also make Jewellery to order. Hope this helps.

Wing
Level Contributor
183 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jewelers in Bogmalo

Hi Jo

You can get any jewellery you want...ready made, to your own design (be very specific as they may interpret what you say differently to what you mean) and a picture or detailed drawing is a good idea, or you can buy stones.

As I said we use Shammen Jewellers and Zar is a designer and maker. We have never been disappointed. There are lots of jewellers to choose from but suggest you use a smaller shop rather than the emporium type places.Hope this helps.

Coco

ads
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,683 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jewelers in Bogmalo

We bought from a shop at the Leela and could not believe what the rings were worth. Paid £120 valuation in uk £1400 !

Think it was the first shop when you go in the gate at the Leela, just ask for Sammi.

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
132 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jewelers in Bogmalo

The wonderful jewellers I spoke about, was in the Leela Palace. Sammy, he has a little shop in their complex, we bought several items paid about £650.00 when we had them valued back home over £3000.00 not bad eh??

Tempted to do the journey in a "tut tut" with my designs of what I want doing.

Bogmalo - Goa
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Jewelers in Bogmalo

Hi,

This is Vivek From Raj Resorts at Bogmalo Beach.There are several Jewelers at Bogmalo Beach and in Vasco Town ( 15 minutes drive from Bogmalo).

You may buy Off The Shelf - ready made stuff or place an order for a specific design.Please carry a photo of the design.

Always also ask for the certification and reciept.Hope this info helps.

Vivek ( rajresorts@hotmail.com)

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,878 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jewelers in Bogmalo

I agree, Jaan's stuff is fantastic, you will also find he has cousins and uncles around and about selling jewellery! Don't forget to barter. My husband bought a sapphire and diamond bracelet for me from Jaan and when we got back to the UK we had it valued (for insurance purposes) and it was valued at more than 3 times the amount we paid. We keep in touch with Jaan by email and by letter in Kashmir and Goa and we are off to get more bits and pieces from him in April '06.

Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations