We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Highland Beach Resort - Candolim

UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Highland Beach Resort - Candolim

Hi all, we are travelling to the Highland Beach Resort (Candolim) staying B & B ....we are first timers! Any info about where to eat and things to do, especially shopping would be much appreciated. Also, we have heard that you shouldn't buy anti malaria 'stuff' here in the UK but wait until you get to your destination....any thoughts on this?

Essex
Level Contributor
304 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Highland Beach Resort - Candolim

The Highland Beach is a good choice - one of the better hotels. The Highland Beach has its own restaurant at the back of the hotel which does good indian food - it is a little more expensive but very good. I personally love the Fishermans Cove which is on Beach Road. They do a mean full chicken tandoori cooked fresh for about £2 (and for this you get a whole chicken!). Another great place is the Mango Grove which does a variety of foods. It is also a good place to have a beer or two and watch the world go by. Alexandras is another popular multi-cuisine restaurant, also on beach road. Too be honest, you could ask 20 people for their favourites and get 20 different restaurants - basically you cannot go wrong eating anywhere.

Re the malaria tablets, they are a fraction of the cost in the UK and I do mean "a fraction". You will pay around £15 for a treatment in the UK. In Goa you will pay a few pence. The only problem is that you are supposed to start the treatment a week before you go to make sure you are covered as soon as you arrive. Even if you don't use the local ones this time, if you intend going back I would suggest you buy locally for next time.

Have a great holiday - we go in December for the 5th time and can't wait.

Candybabe

Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations