We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Posh Nosh is the best restaurant in Candolim, Goa

Copenhagen
2 posts
Save Topic
Posh Nosh is the best restaurant in Candolim, Goa

Posh Nosh is situated on the main road near Victor Exotica in Candolim. It is a beutiful outside place The owner is an english woman, but the Chef and the waiters are locals. There is a very pleasant atmosphere, and you feel that you are most welcome.

The Chef - Miras - is a fantastic cook, who is very pasionated about his job and produces excellent fish-and meetdishes beautiful arranged.

We strongly recommend that you visit this place, and are sure you would not regret it.

P.S.: It would be at very good idea if you put up some shelter before next season, so you do not have to close when it is raining.

Lots of good thougts from the families Saxkjær and Saul in Denmark, who visited Goa in March 2008.

Mentioned in this post
Candolim
Candolim
Bardez, India
Goa
Goa
India
Ourem 88
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, European, British
Spice Traders
₹₹₹₹, Chinese, Japanese, Seafood
Sea Breeze
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Indian, Seafood, Asian
Copenhagen
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Posh Nosh is the best restaurant in Candolim, Goa

I am very sorry - the name of the Chef is Minto.

Surrey
Level Contributor
223 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Posh Nosh is the best restaurant in Candolim, Goa

I visited Posh Nosh three times during my holiday in March and found the food to be of a very high standard with excellent service.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
559 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Posh Nosh is the best restaurant in Candolim, Goa

Hi,

Absolutely agree posh nosh is also our favourite place.

Woderful food and superb presentation.The Indian jount owner is staying after the season finishes to expand and make an undercover eating area.

Please try this place you will not be dissapointed.

Chris

t birdwirral
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Posh Nosh is the best restaurant in Candolim, Goa

the ood at posh nosh was nice but i found shivers real nice. minto is hs name i think he and his misus who is english run it dont they she was real nice

scotland
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Posh Nosh is the best restaurant in Candolim, Goa

Posh Nosh was by far the worst meal we had. The service was extremly slow and the food was sub standard. Portions were too small, good place to go if you are on a diet!!

6. Re: Posh Nosh is the best restaurant in Candolim, Goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 16:19
London, United...
Level Contributor
714 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Posh Nosh is the best restaurant in Candolim, Goa

overated,undersized portions and overpriced.probably the worst meal i had in candolim.but not as bad as la fenice.

the english/british people who open restuarant/bar tend to overcharge for food and drink which puzzles me as they go over there on holiday and one of the reasons they choose the destination is the fact that its cheap.they open up and hike the prices up.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
9,340 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Posh Nosh is the best restaurant in Candolim, Goa

We stayed at the Sunshine Park which is quite near Posh Nosh and thought it looked nice with all the wicker chairs.

We did intend to eat there but never got round to it.

We heard a couple of good reports from people who'd had steaks or fish there but some people we know who are veggies and like dishes like Dhal Fry, Aloo Mutter etc thought the food was bland - and expensive.

Southampton
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Posh Nosh is the best restaurant in Candolim, Goa

We ate at this place and I agree the portions were so small we were glad we had starters. Staff were great though.

10. Re: Posh Nosh is the best restaurant in Candolim, Goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 20:35
Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations