We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to choose

lincs
Level Contributor
90 posts
2 reviews
what to choose

i want b and b the wife wants all inclusive i can get a b and b holiday for about 1200 pounds and all in for about 1800 pounds for 2 weeks would we spend that 600 eating out for the 2 weeks or come back with a lot of change thanks for any help.

chippenham, wilts
Level Contributor
797 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: what to choose

Hello, don't go AI in Goa, it is so cheap there that it would be insane to do so. B+B is all you need.

steve

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,977 posts
37 reviews
2. Re: what to choose

I think it's highly unlikely you'd spend £600 on food in two weeks in Goa. It's so cheap to eat outside the hotels and the food is excellent.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
619 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: what to choose

B&B every time, choice of restaurants and menus for all tastes and budgets. Twiggle your toes in the sand, munch on a lobster or a cheese sandwich, whatever you fancy. Watch the sea, the people, or dribble beer down your T. Shirt and don't be embarrased.

Plus you are putting some of your hard earned into the locals pockets, and not the corporates.

leeds uk
Level Contributor
954 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: what to choose

It's got to be B&B all the way,

all inclusive sounds like a posh prison to me.

enjoy the resturants and shacks for your food and see the best side of Goa.

some of our best experiences have beyond doubt been in these places.

enjoy

ian.......

lancashire
Level Contributor
291 posts
22 reviews
5. Re: what to choose

we usally go AI but have opted for B&B this time as every one has told us it's so cheap to eat out, were staying at the osbourne basic but thats all you need clean bed and shower, this our first time in goa 7 weeks can't wait!!! not that i'm counting! bring on the sun :)

nickie

lincs
Level Contributor
90 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: what to choose

thanks for all your help also what is the best month in the year to go .thanks john.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
619 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: what to choose

Early December thru' till February. Starts to get humid in March, which can make the evenings a little sticky.

Guaranteed sun from late October, perhaps a little to quiet. Mid November is perhaps the earliest you should go, and perhaps no later than mid March regarding humidity.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
351 posts
1 review
8. Re: what to choose

The only touble with all-inclusive is that your tied to the same place for the duration. If you do decide eating out then that defeats the object cause its then costing you extra. The value of eating out is tremendously cheap. You.d struggle to try and spend the 600 quid on all that lovely food. Reckon Dec,Jan,Feb ideal time to go.

Goangrasshopper.

lincs
Level Contributor
90 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: what to choose

i think i will go with the b and b option as much as we both like all in i think that it wil the best for us more so for the fact we want to get around with all in you have to stay in the area to get what you paid for.thanks . john.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
12,093 posts
86 reviews
10. Re: what to choose

Last time I went to Goa I spent under 300 pounds for 2 weeks including everything - eating, drinking, trips and a few presents. You'd have to eat and drink an awful lot or go to the poshest restaurants to spend that amount in Goa.

Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations