We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

presents

barnsley
Level Contributor
224 posts
Save Topic
presents

i have been told that in goa they make really good designer type hand bags is this right and if so how much approx are they in english

is it worth buying them there or at hom?

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: presents

Yes it's true. The price varies but around £10-£15 and they are all leather. If you want a specific type then take a photo and they will copy it.

retford
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: presents

there are some really nice bags in leather and purses. other half hates me going into leather shops cos i can@t resist but a girl can't have enough bags or purses. Barbara

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
9,944 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: presents

would i be able to get a fake radley passport cover

retford
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: presents

i don't know about passport cover but you can get fake radley bags and purses.where are you going last time we went we were at candolim and used leather touch,(rambo is the owner and he is ace). and original fakes.Barbara

barnsley
Level Contributor
224 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: presents

we are going to calungute in april and cavalossim at xmas how much roughly are the radley bags?

barnsley
Level Contributor
224 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: presents

oh and how many do you think you can bring back

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,807 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: presents

This is what the HM Customs website says you can bring back:

When travelling from a non-EU country (including the Canary Islands, the Channel islands and Gibraltar) you can bring the following into the UK for your own use without paying UK tax or duty:

* 200 cigarettes; or 100 cigarillos; or 50 cigars; or 250g of tobacco

* 60cc of perfume

* 2 litres of still table wine

* 250cc of eau de toilette

* 1 litre of spirits or strong liqueurs over 22 per cent volume; or 2 litres of fortified wine*, sparkling wine or other liqueurs *such as port or sherry and

* £145 worth of all other goods including gifts and souvenirs.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,428 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: presents

I paid about £10 for a fake Radley bag in Cavelossim last February.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: presents

I also got a fake Radley handbag in Calangute last year for a tenner. Have used it everyday and it still looks great. Looking forward to going 'handbag shopping' again in March!

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
246 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: presents

Yes its true that you get lovely bags at cavelossim at less than half the price.

There's a shop in cavelossim called musk,you must go and have a look and make sure you bargain.

Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations