We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plug adaptors? Don Hill - Candolim

MANCHESTER
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Plug adaptors? Don Hill - Candolim

Hi Everyone,

Go to Goa on Saturday evening and just wanted to check what plug adaptor we will need for hair dryers chargers etc?????

I have heard that the two round pin plugs work but also I have heard of a three round pin adaptor - just wanted to clear the confusion up.

Many Thanks

Gemki

Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,104 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plug adaptors? Don Hill - Candolim

Hi

Suggest that you buy an english 3 pin to Goa three round pin converter here at about 50 rps each as the hole pitches and diameters are different to the conversion things sold in England and don't fit properly

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
12,041 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plug adaptors? Don Hill - Candolim

As Bruahy says it's best to buy an adaptor out there. They are sold in lots of shops and very cheap. My international adaptor did work but was a bit loose so I had to try hold the plug in whilst drying my hair which isn't easy!

UK
Level Contributor
181 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plug adaptors? Don Hill - Candolim

Hi,

If you are staying at the Don Hill there is a little shop next door called Borkar, they sell the correct adaptors for less than a pound.

Aberbargoed Bargoed...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Plug adaptors? Don Hill - Candolim

HI

Many Thanks for info about the shop around the corner of the Don Hill, myself & partner arrive on the 24th Feb for 2 weeks any info on hotel or places to eat would be welcomed

Happy Holidays to all ( can't wait for ours) :)

UK
Level Contributor
181 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Plug adaptors? Don Hill - Candolim

There are loads of good places to eat within walking distance, I recommend The Stonehouse, Flambee and Palms and Sands. For cheap eats try Alma's , a sort of indian greasy spoon and also Himalaya for Tibetan food.

Aberbargoed Bargoed...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Plug adaptors? Don Hill - Candolim

Many Thanks for the names of the restaurants have made a note will try them all

7. Re: Plug adaptors? Don Hill - Candolim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 17:50
Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations