We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Lagoon at Cola Beach

sheffield
Level Contributor
465 posts
2 reviews
Blue Lagoon at Cola Beach

Have been here a week and have discovered a delightful place to relax. there are in fact three beaches one after the other but the best place for food and drink is the central one where you can also stay in up market tents for 2000rs a night. This may seem expensive (includes food) but if you book to stay here as part of the package your tourist agency will charge you almost 100pounds according to one couple I met here.

You'll find this place on the coast road between cabo de rama and agonda in the south part of goa. There is a sign at the village of cola (khola) and this takes you down a dirt track towards the beach. well worth the trouble when you get there.

If you're coming down in the next 3 weeks I'll probably be on the beach there! My name's Phil.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
74 reviews
11. Re: Blue Lagoon at Cola Beach

when we went .after turning right at Cola villiage ...we went along a dust track past some playing fields on the right and eventually came to a fork in the road, right was sign saying Blue lagoon and there was a dust track to the left and a little brick hut . a field walled off on the right as you drive a little bit further with a sign saying beware of the dogs...

did we go the wrong way and find a back entrance???

P.S. we are back home now.

Did you see Annabelle Giles there???? we did..tee hee

sheffield
Level Contributor
465 posts
2 reviews
12. Re: Blue Lagoon at Cola Beach

Now is a good time to visit Blue Lagoon. It's almost full moon and the water will probably come over the top of the beach tonight or tomorrow and refill the lagoon with clean water making it much cooler and cleaner for swimming. The tide also goes out further during the day leaving less need to negotiate the few rocks when swimming in the sea.

However if you were thinking of popping down for some Christmas pudding, don't bother ... the whole 1.5kg went tonight. Yummy

essex
Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
13. Re: Blue Lagoon at Cola Beach

Hi Phil, You said you stayed in Agonda. For the past few years we have been staying at the Sun Set bar.

Last year I couldnt believe how much it had changed.

Has there been much development this year ?

Su

aldershot u.k
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
27 reviews
14. Re: Blue Lagoon at Cola Beach

who is annabelle giles?

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
74 reviews
15. Re: Blue Lagoon at Cola Beach

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annabel_Giles

sheffield
Level Contributor
465 posts
2 reviews
16. Re: Blue Lagoon at Cola Beach

Hi Sugitta

the Sunset bar used to be very good about 5 years ago but when the woman owner left it went downhill. I understand that yet agian there is new management ... his opening night was last night and everyone waited for him to turn up. When afteran hour there was still no sign of him or any food, drink being served folk got up and left. I haven't heard anything since!

Agonda still retains itsrelative peace but is more developed this year. Little Italy from Palolem has opened here as have 2 other italians and several other shops/ restaurants. It is a long way from being another Palolem however.

I'm onlyhere another 10 days unfortunately.

Phil

essex
Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
17. Re: Blue Lagoon at Cola Beach

Hi Phil,

Glad to hear nothing has changed at the Sun Set bar !! They are totally bloody useless!! I ordered boiled egg for breakfast, and I am not kidding it took over two hours! But I think thats what we like about the place , at least theres never a crowd there, and the Kings beers are nice and cold !!!!

Su

India
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
18. Re: Blue Lagoon at Cola Beach

Could someone who has stayed at BlueLagoon at the little cola beach tell me about the rest rooms? Also, do you think the beach is a little dead?

sheffield
Level Contributor
465 posts
2 reviews
19. Re: Blue Lagoon at Cola Beach

If by 'rest rooms' you mean toilets ... there are fine toilet/shower facilities over tiled floors in each tent. To describe them as 'tent' is a bit misleading as they are somewhat grander than that. There is also a separate toilet next to the bar.

If by 'dead' you mean that the place is not rocking you'd be correct. That's how people enjoy this place. The food is fine and varied and you can usually obtain speciality fish by ordering in advance.There is a choice of drinks, and if there is a bar-ful of people in the restaurant then conversations kick off agreeably over background music. I'd have to say that the greatest background music here is nature.

The staff are very amenable and will stay up until the last person falls if that's is your aim.

I cannot recommend it highly enough and I'll be returning after 21 Jan.

Phil

20. Re: Blue Lagoon at Cola Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2010, 11:53
Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations