We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Lagoon at Cola Beach

sheffield
Level Contributor
465 posts
2 reviews
Blue Lagoon at Cola Beach

Have been here a week and have discovered a delightful place to relax. there are in fact three beaches one after the other but the best place for food and drink is the central one where you can also stay in up market tents for 2000rs a night. This may seem expensive (includes food) but if you book to stay here as part of the package your tourist agency will charge you almost 100pounds according to one couple I met here.

You'll find this place on the coast road between cabo de rama and agonda in the south part of goa. There is a sign at the village of cola (khola) and this takes you down a dirt track towards the beach. well worth the trouble when you get there.

If you're coming down in the next 3 weeks I'll probably be on the beach there! My name's Phil.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,109 posts
74 reviews
1. Re: Blue Lagoon at Cola Beach

We scootered down to Cola beach and it was wonderful,

we thought we had got lost and suddenly found ourselves at the top of the cliff and could see all the tents at the bottom.

although its an exclusive resort they made us food and drinks in the bar and we had a lovely day there. The staff were very nice to us and could not do enough even though we were not paying guests.

sheffield
Level Contributor
465 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Blue Lagoon at Cola Beach

Yes Alisha

that's exactly my opinion. I stay at neighbouring Agonda but the staff are always most civil and welcoming. Today being Sunday there were more children fishing from the beach ... well I suppose I mean 7 children ... apart from these there were very few people at all. It really is a paradise experience which most who are used to more crowded beaches really appreciate.

Phil

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,951 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: Blue Lagoon at Cola Beach

Did a review of the south 'resort' here

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g306995-i9760-k162…

T&J

sheffield
Level Contributor
465 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Blue Lagoon at Cola Beach

Thanks badger

but dwarka though the immediate neighbour of Blue Lagoon is not as good. It is currently being used as a centre for meditation etc and is overrun with people doing strange things. This will come to an end in a few days and it will return to being empty again as very few people tend to opt for Dwarka. Blue Lagoon is the better and cheaper option.

I met a group of Brits who have booked 'all inclusive' into the northern resort but they had decided to forego the free drinks etc and 'socialse' at Blue Lagoon as the staff and general ambience were preferable.

The beachis fantastic as ever.

Anyone ther on sunday evening? I will offer a Christmas pudding around sunset!

Phil

luton bedfordshire
Level Contributor
275 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Blue Lagoon at Cola Beach

Good afternoon

we are going to goa on the 25fed to 10mar and staying in the north we like to go out at nite but would love to do a couple of nigths in either a hut or as you did a tent,Would you could you tell me a little more adout the tents and can you just turn up, also what was the cost of your tents,

many thanks mary

Little Totham...
Level Contributor
150 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Blue Lagoon at Cola Beach

Just got back on Sunday. During our stay we went for 2 nights in the tents on Cola beach - visit their website - www.colabeach.com for more info and booking details - would recommend a 2 night stay as 1 is not enough especially if you are travelling from the North. Its just perfect chill out

Steve

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,951 posts
41 reviews
7. Re: Blue Lagoon at Cola Beach

We stayed at the 'resort' next to the tented village

http://www.dwarkagoa.com/

T&J

sheffield
Level Contributor
465 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Blue Lagoon at Cola Beach

I went down to Blue lagoon again this morning and was shocked to find that a wall was being constructed to prevent road access on the final stretch to dwarka and Blue Lagoon resorts. Evidently the landowner has just discovered that his land has been sold from beneath him by the owners of dwarka resort who pretended to own the plot! Don't worry the owner is cool about everything except Dwarka and lets folk through but you have to walk the final few yards!

The full moon will be fairly soon and that's when I've promised to arrive with my 1.5kg Christmas pudding.

Happy Christmas!

Phil

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,109 posts
74 reviews
9. Re: Blue Lagoon at Cola Beach

is that past the beware of the dog sign?

sheffield
Level Contributor
465 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: Blue Lagoon at Cola Beach

Hi alisha

The dog sign??? I don't know. But the wall is still up but just before it there is room to cut through with a scooter. Itmust have taken them ages to construct the wall which actually achieves not a lot.

My mobile is 9923164820 if you are visiting again. There's no reception on the beach so try me in the evening.

Phil

Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations