We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palacio do deao, quepem.

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
616 posts
Palacio do deao, quepem.

Have looked this up on net, looks like a very interesting place to visit. Has anyone been, and can they give me a report please?

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,977 posts
37 reviews
1. Re: Palacio do deao, quepem.

Yes, I went there last February. It's fabulous. They're still restoring it, although most of the house is finished, and ultimately they want to be able to offer things like cookery and art courses. Lovely place and the food is to die for. The owners have done lots of research into the food that would have been eaten when the house was built and recipes are taken from then. The food's not particularly hot, but it is very spicy and tasty. They'll cater for vegetarians or whatever.

You get a tour from Ruben and Celia does the cooking.

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
616 posts
2. Re: Palacio do deao, quepem.

Great, sounds wonderful. Can you remember how much it cost to go in, and was the meal very expensive, or much the same as Goa generally? Do we have to book it before we go for a meal? Did you just turn up and they did a meal for you. Is there a minimum number of people they cook for?

Sorry for all these questions!! Thanks anyway. We go on 29 March for 3 weeks, so want to do something different this time.

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,977 posts
37 reviews
3. Re: Palacio do deao, quepem.

There were four of us who went, and yes we did book in advance. I think they prefer you to so they have fresh food and can cater better. I think it cost about a tenner each, which included the tour, G&Ts all round, enough food for an army and a bottle of wine.

Do make sure you take mozzie repellent though. There were lots around.

You can email them and they do reply.

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
616 posts
4. Re: Palacio do deao, quepem.

Thanks very much for your kind reply. Am looking forward to it even more now!!

When do you go again?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Palacio do deao, quepem.

Where is palacio,sounds like a place i would like to visit.

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
616 posts
6. Re: Palacio do deao, quepem.

put palacio do deao in search engine, lots of photos, and all info you need there. It does look really beautiful. When are you going again?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: Palacio do deao, quepem.

Thanks for that looks a very nice place worth a visit.

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,977 posts
37 reviews
8. Re: Palacio do deao, quepem.

I'm going again in 12 days. I'm really busy at the moment so fretting about getting work done before I go, but also feeling a bit demob happy. Well, a lot demob happy actually! I'm not sure whether we'll get to the Palacio do Deao while we're there, but we're going to try. Quepem's fairly easy to get to in a taxi.

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
616 posts
9. Re: Palacio do deao, quepem.

Hi LondonGoagirl,

What a lovely feeling looking forward to going back!

Have just shoved all the holiday clothes back in the suitcase ready for going again!

So cold here today, get fed up having to wear SO MANY CLOTHES, roll on 29 March, and get my kit off!!!!!

Have a good hols anyway, I know you will!!

Beachfreak x

Belgium
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
10. Re: Palacio do deao, quepem.

Hallo

We spent some days in Goa in December and having heard abour the Palacio do Deao decided to visit. If you are interested in old colonial houses it is worth the visit. The couple who restored it is extremely nice and will give you a guided tour of the place. If you can do it around lunch time, profit to have a delicious lunch prepared by the lady of the house (you need to call beforehand to reserve the lunch).

The gardens around the house are also worth a short tour.

Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations