We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price Haggling

Londoner
Level Contributor
94 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Price Haggling

Being a first timer soon, i know i should have to haggle over the cost of things at markets and street sellers etc, but what about the more up market shops and pharmacies. Do they have the prices displayed to start with or is it a case of what is it worth to me.

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,954 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Price Haggling

Generally upmarket shops and pharmacies are fixed price. However, having said that, when I was staying in Panjim last February, I wandered over to the local pharmacy to buy a can of anti-mozzie spray. I asked how much, and the woman there said something like 180 rupees. That sounded like quite a lot to me, so I asked to look at the can - everything has to have the local price written on it. The price turned out to be around 70 rupees. Now I know there's tax and everything else on top of that, but even so. When I pointed this out, she put her glasses down and the price came back down to it's normal level. Drugs also have the price printed on the packaging.

2. Re: Price Haggling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 17:46
Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations