We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mobor beach resort

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
8 reviews
mobor beach resort

Im looking for a hol for 2009 a couple have come up at right price one mobor beach ,im on a budget, i know d,i,y, is the best but with my wife illness charter is best for us the hotel has to have a pool in case wife has a bad day all i want is clean and not to noisy,so is mobor beach ok ,,cheers

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
27,021 posts
398 reviews
1. Re: mobor beach resort

I havn't actually stayed there but have had a look around, the pool is quite small but the hotel looks clean, there was some building work going on nearby but 2009 is a long way away. location-wise it is basically right on the beach as well as within walking distance to all the restaurants etc. You can also book charter flights without a package (Mytravel do some good deals) also worth looking at is Luisa By the Sea at www.demfer.com if you need any more info on Luisa just.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: mobor beach resort

Well iv done it mobor beach £740 3 weeks,all i can do now is hope for the best as long as it is clean its only a place to get your head down, iv only just paid for this holiday

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
27,021 posts
398 reviews
3. Re: mobor beach resort

It's clean and as I said in a great location :-)

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
12,092 posts
86 reviews
4. Re: mobor beach resort

Poultonkid, which tour operator have you booked the Mobor Beach through? Never really considered it until Goanjock posted a link a while ago and the rooms looked really nice. They were starting to build something in front of it when we stayed in Cavelossim but that was in February so it might be finished by now. It's certainly very handy for the internet cafe!

U.K.
Level Contributor
671 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: mobor beach resort

Hi Poultonkid, As you know we are going to the Holiday Inn this season but our friend who goes with us is staying at the Mobor Beach Resort so when we get back I will let you know what she thought of it. We will have a look round too and report back.

Minnie

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: mobor beach resort

Have booked with my travel not bad price at moment,thats a nice hotel you are going to minnie, my sister and husband wont be with us when we go there as they are going to australia for a month,thank for giving us a report when you get back,cant be as bad as the last place we all went to,.

U.K.
Level Contributor
671 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: mobor beach resort

You are right poultonkid, anything has got to be an improvement on that!!!

Glasgow
6 posts
8. Re: mobor beach resort

I've not stayed at this hotel but it is owned by the same people as Gaffino's further down the road. I stayed at Gaffino's on my own in March of this year and I was broken into in the middle of the night with the intention of being raped. Luckily I was able to scream and he ran away but after 4 holidays in India I won't be back.

The men who run the hotel couldn't have cared less and I also know this wasn't the first time it had happened. Saying that the Mobor is a hotel and not a guest house so hopefully you'll be ok.

The building work going on at the front of the hotel may well be finished and it is 3 room villas. You can check out the website - www.moborbeachresort.net.

We drank in the hotel bar and as it's downstairs you can't hear it at all. They do have something on most nights round the pool area and it can be loud but it doesn't go on into the night.

Everything said I'm sure you'll have a great holiday, Cavelossim is really nice.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
8 reviews
9. Re: mobor beach resort

Thanks for that annielin,i read your report last year on what happened to you,and i dont blame you on the way you feel its not nice on any one,the problem it seems to be getting worse all over the world,we have to be on our guard wherever we go,i hope it hasent put you off going on your own.

dof
Chesterfield
Level Contributor
359 posts
72 reviews
10. Re: mobor beach resort

Poultonkid - sorry just got back from France last night - the passports did get back in time for the trip - 40 days turnround!!!! so have only just seen your post.

Anyway - we stayed at Donna Sylvia last Xmas and although it is a wonderful hotel we did not use most of the facilities so we stayed at Gaffino's in March. It was very basic but that is what Goa is all about isn't it? Very clean - food excellent and of course very cheap. Clean towels - although I would not exactly call them large and fluffy - and clean sheets ever day. I feel realy sorry that there had been a problem with a breakin and that it seemed as though the staff were not interested. We were fortunate and found the staff first class.

The Mobor is just across the road and we met someone in March who had stayed there for 5 years running. Their only reservation was that there are several timeshares there but they were booking again for next year - so that must be a recommendation. The pool is only small but didn't seem to get too busy - most people prefer the beach.

have a wonderful time.

Dof

Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations