We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Personal hygiene

Nottingham
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Personal hygiene

I'm told that to avoid "dehli belly" in India it is important to wash hands prior to taking food - and that this can be attained by wiping your hands with an antiseptic gell. Where can this gell be bought ?

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,109 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Personal hygiene

any chemist and most supermarkets.

The one I use is called purecel. and it comes in handy bag size containers too.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Personal hygiene

I use a Cuticura Aloe Vera one.

If you've got one of those 'Bodycare' shops near you (not Bodyshop), they usually have a range of them.

Wilko & Savers do too.

Polly

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,955 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Personal hygiene

The last one I bought is a Palmolive one and I'm fairly sure it came from Morrisons. You can also buy anti-bacterial wet-wipe type cloths as well.

London
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Personal hygiene

Hygiene and common sense attitude to sun exposure alcohol consumption are the rule. Don't forget to take AcidoBifidus capsules daily. As a lot of diarrhoea is caused by strong spicy food destroying your own body's healthy bacteria.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,109 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Personal hygiene

The best thing for deli belly besides tacking pills everyday is to have the curd or yogurt with your breakfast everyday, its tasty with the local honey on too. Full of natural probiotics

UK
Level Contributor
183 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Personal hygiene

There's a great web site called safariquip - sells everything you need for travel and a lot you never thought you needed! Probably buy cheaper in the shops, but spent many happy hours browsing all the gadgets. (Sad) A lot of items under personal hygiene.

PS. Usual advice given by a lot of helpful people on here - if you can't peel it or cook it - don't eat it! and avoid ice unless you are sure its from bottled water. Have fun...

chippenham, wilts
Level Contributor
797 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Personal hygiene

the one we used was "clarus hand sanitizer" used it before eating and never had any problems. available from supermarkets and chemists 50ml / R30

steve

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Personal hygiene

hi

my personal method is,keep out of the sun as much

as you can,drink as much beer(kingfisher) as you

can,the bacteria will be to drunk to affect you,or,

you will be to drunk to notice,my theory!!!!! :-))

no seriously,just sensible precautions and you should

be ok,we use avon wipes,can't remember the name,but

if you have an avon lady near you,ask,mrs also says

you can get anti-bacterial wipes cheaper in wilkinsons if there is one near you.

tom

Barry, United...
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Personal hygiene

You can buy antibac gell in most large stores in Goa now

cheers Lyn

10. Re: Personal hygiene

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 18:48
Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations