We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa surgery in leeds today

Leeds, West...
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Visa surgery in leeds today

Hi thought I'd let you know how I got on at the visa surgery in leeds today.

i got there at 7.10am & I was about the 10th person in the queue. At 7.50am an official at the Sikh temple came round and gave us raffle tickets numbering how up the queue you were & how many visas you needed. With this in mind I was given numbers 33 & 34.

At 8.10am we were then ushered into the community centre & asked to sit in our numbered order.

At 9.10am the HCI officials from London arrived & started to get set up for the day. We were then called up in numbers of ten first to have our visas viewed & then told it would take approx half an hour to get our passports back. There were 11 people who did 'something' with my passport.

I was called at 9.30am so thought I would get them back at 10 ish. by this time the community centre was packed out - no seats available. I got my passport at 10.15 & my husbands was separated from mine & didn't get it until 10.30am.

There were alot of Indian people in the centre who appeared to know some one official looking & were given priority - oh well never mind thats life. Also there were a few english people hassling the officials which started to annoy them.

By the time I left the ticket numbers were over 300 so goodness knows when they were going to get their visas. They did provide tea while we waited & they were cooking curry for lunch

This was my first time using a surgery and overall the experience was ok, spoke to a few people in the queue & chattered about Goa etc.

Good luck to you all if you still need to get your visas - just get there EARLY.

Yorky

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Visa surgery in leeds today

Sounds quite civilised compared to some that I have been to.

Regarding the Indian people, last time we went they had one person allocated to sorting out Indian passport matters so don't think they were queue jumping.

I always think the visa run starts to get you in the mood for the holiday however far away it is.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
27,058 posts
400 reviews
2. Re: Visa surgery in leeds today

Glad you survuved it and are now all set for the season :-)

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
74 reviews
3. Re: Visa surgery in leeds today

I got there at about 8.35 and got numbers 176/7..handed my forms at 10.15 ish lost track of time due to chatting...

and then got our passports back at about 11.45....

Numbers were up to 400 when i left. The experience went much smotther than the first tme I went to a surgery and was not too bad.

Got held upin traffic roadworkson the way home and took and hour to drive 20min journey!!! this was much more annoying lol

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
1 review
4. Re: Visa surgery in leeds today

a happy(ish)experience all round then,great,did

perrystanks go there today?????if so,wonder how

he got on

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
74 reviews
5. Re: Visa surgery in leeds today

he was there and got out about 9.45 maybe a little later but i was busy chatting to josha.....they had number 30

Leeds, West...
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
6. Re: Visa surgery in leeds today

There was a separate person dealing with all passports that weren't British however there were indians with British passports that were definately jumping the queue at they were originally behind me.

Anyway only 20 weeks to go till I'm on that plane.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
74 reviews
7. Re: Visa surgery in leeds today

I was number 176 and josha was 15?...and i got out before them and I am british so maybe they got mixed up...

on the way out a woman accused me off queue jumping as she was 169 and we had been chatting quite nice before....wierd eh?

UK
Level Contributor
826 posts
11 reviews
8. Re: Visa surgery in leeds today

I'm home too. set off at 6.30 this morning and arrived at the surgery at 8.30 (got numbers 158 and 159). Met up with Perrystanks and his wife (recognised him immediately) and Alisha. (Sorry, couldn't pick you out Yorky).

Anyway, the morning went pretty fast (had a little picnic with our sarnies and flask of coffee) and we got our passports back at around 11.55 (within minutes of Alisha getting hers and her number was 20 our so higher than hours)

Then we went in for the free curry next door before setting off for our two hour journey home.

There were loads more people arriving, even as we left and the numbers were well up into the 400's so I'm glad we got there early ... they were telling people to hand in their passports and not to come back til 5 pm. Lots of people panicking like mad to find a post office open as they had not brought postal orders and the surgery was running out of them.

All in all, I think it was pretty well organised and I enjoyed chit chatting to people about their experiences of Goa.

There were plenty of moaners though, saying how ridiculous it al was and how this would be their last trip to Goa ... sad really.

Anyway, jobs done so roll on 22nd December :-)

Jabs next (lol)

and Alisha, next time I see you, we'll be there :-)

xx

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
74 reviews
9. Re: Visa surgery in leeds today

Hi josha glad you got hme safe.....

see you for a kingfisher on the beach....

Leeds, West...
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
10. Re: Visa surgery in leeds today

yes sorry I missed you - probably still half asleep.

I was lucky didn't hear anyone moaning, just people chatting about Goa & how giddy they were getting. A lady I was talking to had put up in her car window adverts for her properties to rent in Noth Goa - how enterprising of her

please you are all safely back home.

Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations